Search

Celebrity Edge

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10th, 2019, 04:33 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Celebrity Edge

My wife and I will be celebrating our 50th wedding Anniversary this summer and were planning to fly to Rome and take the Celebrity Edge down the Amalfi coast into Greece on a 12 day cruise.
We would love some insight on the Edge or is there any other ship with this itinerary that would be better
Old Feb 12th, 2019, 04:07 AM

We haven't been on the Edge, but as regulars on Celebrity, we have explored every part of the ship through available digital means. It looks gorgeous. We have been on numerous other Celebrity ships and have always found them to be civilized (compared to noisy Carnival and Norwegian, for example) and the food is still good (despite lots of cutting on other brands over the years (including Royal C). The service is exceptional as well.

Because the Edge is the new, shiny object, you will, of course, pay more. The only other ships that Celebrity has in the Greek Isles are the much older and much smaller ones like Constellation and Infinity. We have done all of these ports on ships in the past. The Edge itinerary includes many of our favorites, looks perfect.

Congrats on your 50th!!!
Old Feb 13th, 2019, 02:23 AM

You made a good choice. I have not been on the Edge but Australian friends of mine just did a
back-to-back cruise & were very pleased with everything on the Edge from the food to the
entertainment,

Congrats and enjoy your cruise!!