Celebrity Century - Key West and Georgetown from Miami - price seems too low

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8th, 2006, 03:05 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have already checked cruisecritic and found mixed info (as usual). In researching a shorter (4-6 days) cruise to take with husband and teenage dtr Feb President's week, found 5 nite Celebrity cruise out of Miami with what I thought was odd pricing.

Since there are 3 of us, we are checking various lines into larger cabins with balcony that would accomodate all 3 of us. While per person price on Celebrity is higher than others ($650), we could get balcony cabin or even "concierge class" cabin for less than same on RCCL or Carnival. ($1890 and $2110). Am I missing something here? For comparison, price for 3 of us in larger cabin on other lines was at least 4 times per person charge.
Old Jul 10th, 2006, 05:31 AM
Suerich68

So what's your question?

Old Jul 10th, 2006, 07:10 AM

Gail... I would grab the Celebrity Century in a heart beat...it has been rehabbed..it is a small ship similar to the Majesty. This particular ship is known for their service..and we had CC class on our trans-atlantic.. and it was worth it..because..no waiting in lines to embark, If you want more info on the Century write me.. [email protected]
Old Jul 10th, 2006, 01:12 PM

It is hard to believe the differences are as stated. Celebrity is generally more expensive because of the superior food and service and the fact that there are fewer passengers per staff member.

The Majesty is the same size as Century and has about 1000 more passengers at full capacity.

You will have a more refined, traditional and formal experience on Century. If that is not your cup of tea, RCI might be a better fit.
Old Jul 10th, 2006, 02:13 PM

I've cruised on the Century twice this year plus 3x in the last 2 years. My regret is that they now sail out of Miami on 4-6 day sailings. As opposed to the 7 day cruises out of Port Everglades which is 20 minutes from my home. Now we have the Millie in FTL I only hope that it is half as good.

Take the deal and enjoy a great ship.
Old Jul 11th, 2006, 03:19 AM
Original Poster

Thanks - have been emailing with Parrotmom from above post - she should get a commission from both NCL and Celebrity considering her positive comments about this ship.

Now at point of researching price - but there does not seem to be any deal out there since it is a big school vacation week.
Old Jul 11th, 2006, 08:58 AM

Hi Gail... lol.. I wish..lol....have been checking out trans-atlantic cruises and found one that looks really intersting from Rome, but a cruise line I'm not crazy about trying again. (I hold grudges)..So, do I go on a line I'm not crazy about (new ship) or go to a few ports whose politics are in direct opposite of mine and my countries..hmm... thank heavens for great cruisers who post...it makes all our lives easier.....Book that cruise..lol