Reload this Page >

Carnival vs. RCCL

Search

Carnival vs. RCCL

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2002, 04:16 PM
Lauren

Carnival vs. RCCL

Myhusand and I took a cruise in March on RCCL and had a great time, no complaints at all. Booked another cruise for February on Carnival this time with our two kids because of better pricing. Am I making a mistake booking with Carnival as some people tell me?

Old May 8th, 2002, 04:54 PM
linda

Which ship , what length and which itinerary?

Old May 8th, 2002, 11:39 PM
Paul Therault

<BR>Hi Lauren,<BR><BR>Not much difference in the cruise experience. They are both mass-market family value cruise lines. Carnival carries the most passengers therefore more complaints.<BR><BR>Some passengers like RCCL better and some like Carnival. Variety is the spice of life.<BR><BR>Paul<BR>

Old May 9th, 2002, 06:12 AM
Peter

Lauren - check out the post on this site called "Back from the Ecstacy". This will paint the typical Carnival cruise experience for you. Stay with RCCL, Princess or Celebrity.

Old May 9th, 2002, 06:36 AM
linda

Still wondering which ship. If you're on a nice, ne ship for a week you shouldn't have any cpmplaints from either line, IMO. Both RCCL and Carnival handle children well. Carnival has the water slides, which kept my kids occupied for hours.However, on a 4-day cruise, there were 5 or 6 bubbas in their 30's hogging the slide , belching and falling over guests, spilling drinks, etc.Don't go on the older ships' short cruises.

Old May 9th, 2002, 06:48 AM
Bea

I went on the Sov of Seas(RCCL) and hated it, I also went on the Pride and Love it(Carnival). It really does depend on the ship.

Old May 9th, 2002, 11:18 AM
Lauren

We're going on Sensation 4 day cruise to the Western Caribbean.

Old May 11th, 2002, 02:27 AM
Paul Therault

<BR>Hi Lauren,<BR><BR>Great ship! Fabulous crew!<BR><BR>Enjoy,<BR><BR>Paul