Carnival, Miami hotels

Feb 13th, 2002, 11:47 AM
Nancy

Carnival, Miami hotels

Does anyone know what hotels Carnival uses in Miami when they bring you in a day early or get you out a day after your cruise?

Feb 13th, 2002, 11:49 AM
Nancy

Also... is there anything to do in the immediate area of these hotels? We won't have a car.

Feb 13th, 2002, 10:40 PM
Paul Therault

Hi Nancy,

All the run-of-the-mill cruise lines use airport hotels. More often than not there isn't much time to do anything. Some just give you day-rooms.

Paul

Feb 14th, 2002, 05:59 AM
Nancy

Paul,
Thanks for the info. Last Carnival cruise I took (5 yrs. ago) they put us up at the Intercontinental (not at the airport). It was really quite nice.

This time, we have to stay over a night at the end of our cruise because they couldn't get air for us on Saturday (Spring Break week). So we will leave the ship saturday morning and go to the hotel. Don't fly out until Sunday morning.

Do you suggest we stay on the ship as long as possible or get off and go to the hotel right away?

We'll have 2 teenage girls with us who love to shop. Would there happen to be any malls in the area?

Feb 14th, 2002, 09:02 AM
joyce

Bayside Mall is right there as you get off the ship. It is a funky, cute Mall.

Feb 16th, 2002, 12:17 PM
reisa

I stayed at the Sheraton Key Biscayne twice before I went on a Carnival cruise. It is a really nice location, and nice hotel however you might need to rent a car.

Feb 22nd, 2002, 10:32 PM
Paul Therault

Hi Nancy,

Joyce is right. Bayside Marina is just great. I used to spend my time at South Beach until they built the Marina. There are about 50 or 60 upscale shops, many tourist shops, tents and stalls. Has a Brookstone for the hubby. Huge food court, many ethnic restaurants including Hard Rock. Outdoor entertainment and bay cruises. You can spend hours there. It is next to the pier but you can not walk there. You can stay in the Best Western across the street.

Paul

Feb 25th, 2002, 05:28 AM
donna

Nancy, They also have a tour boat ride around "Star Island". I haven't done it , but thought it might be fun to try sometime.