Search

Carnival Jubilee

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17th, 2000, 11:56 AM
Bob

Carnival Jubilee

Has anyone been on this ship that can give me an update in the last 6 months? We were on it a year ago and enjoyed it very much. We will be going on the Feb 14th sailing to the Panama Canal.

Old Jan 17th, 2000, 01:21 PM
Lisa

I went on this cruise on Dec 12. It was great! Carnival has upgraded the carpet <BR>and drapes, also the casual dining was redone. The food was also upgraded with <BR>lobster 2 nights. The tours were overpriced just get a taxi it was easy <BR>and never more than $15.00 a person. I <BR>would do it again.E-mail if you have any <BR>questions. <BR>Lisa

Old Jan 19th, 2000, 11:32 AM
Bob

Lisa: I'd love to email you a couple of other questions about the Jubilee but there is no email address to return it to. Should you read this, let me know if they have done anything to the tiny Gym on board and explain what happens in the Canal. I assume it does not go thru the locks. Thanks

Old Jan 20th, 2000, 01:09 PM
Lisa K

Bob, <BR>They added 2 treadmills thats it and they still close at 8.00pm. The ship did <BR>go through 3 of the locks and then <BR>docked in Gatum lake (huge lake) with <BR>other boats. Then it went back through <BR>them it was well done. I hope this <BR>helps. <BR>Lisa

Old Jan 21st, 2000, 11:26 AM
Kathy

Just some info I read today in the Jan. issue of Consumers Report Travel Letter. The U.S. Public Health Service gave the Jubilee a sanitation score of 78 for its Oct. inspection. (A score of 86 or higher indicates acceptable sanitation) It further mentioned that the Jubilee also failed sanitation inspections done by the CDC in April 1999, October 1998, September 1997 and September 1996. The inspection takes into account factors such as water quality, food preparation, potential contamination of food and general ship cleanliness. <BR>