Reload this Page >

Carnival comes Through

Search

Carnival comes Through

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30th, 2001, 06:58 PM
Frank

Carnival comes Through

Carnival Cruise Lines to Offer 'American Heroes Program' to Rescue and Relief Workers in New York and Washington, D.C. <BR> <BR>MIAMI, Sept. 28 /PRNewswire/ -- Carnival Cruise Lines has introduced a special ``American Heroes Program'' for anyone directly involved in on-site rescue and relief efforts in New York and Washington, D.C. <BR> <BR>The program offers deeply discounted cruise rates starting at $199 for three-day cruises; $249 for four-day cruises; and $399 for seven-day cruises on a variety of itineraries to the Bahamas, Caribbean and Mexico. The special discounts are available on a wide selection of sailing dates through 2002. Reservations must be made by Dec. 31, 2001. <BR> <BR>``There are many thousands of heroes among us who have worked tirelessly in the aftermath of the Sept. 11 attacks,'' said Bob Dickinson, Carnival president. ``We are extremely pleased to extend special recognition and appreciation to the firefighters, police officers, medical personnel and others who have worked so hard at the sites by offering this program. Our 'American Heroes Program' is a small gesture of thanks at the point they're ready to make future vacation plans,'' he said. <BR> <BR>Reservations may be made through any travel agent or by contacting Carnival Cruise Lines' Special Promotions Desk at 1-800-794-6225 and requesting fare code CPH1. A verification letter supplied by worker's employer will be required at the time of reservation. <BR> <BR>

Old Sep 30th, 2001, 07:05 PM
Frank

Carnival Cruise Lines will donate $50 for each stateroom sold over the next 30 days to the American Red Cross to aid in relief efforts associated with the recent terrorist attacks in New York and Washington, D.C. <BR> <BR>The $50 per cabin donation is expected to generate approximately $1.5 million for the American Red Cross, continuing Carnival’s decade-long association with the world’s foremost relief organization. <BR> <BR>Carnival, like other companies throughout the world, wanted to help the victims of the tragedy, while providing its guests and travel agent partners an opportunity to share in the relief efforts, according to Carnival President Bob Dickinson. <BR> <BR>"We were deeply saddened and horrified by the events of Sept. 11 and wanted to offer our assistance any way we could. With this $50 per stateroom donation, our guests and travel agent partners, along with our company and its employees, are doing their part in enabling the American Red Cross to help those affected by this inconceivable tragedy," he said. <BR> <BR>Over the years, Carnival has made significant financial contributions to a wide variety of American Red Cross initiatives, everything from hurricane and storm relief to blood drives and water safety programs. Most recently, Carnival donated $200,000 to the organization for Tropical Storm Allison relief efforts in Texas and Louisiana. <BR> <BR>The $50 per stateroom donation applies to individual bookings and encompasses all of line’s cruise offerings, which include two- to 17-day voyages to the Bahamas, Caribbean, Mexico, Alaska, Hawaii, New England, Canadian Maritime Provinces, Panama Canal, Bermuda and Europe. <BR> <BR>"Words cannot begin to express the feelings of sorrow and sadness we’ve experienced over the past week. It is our hope that this donation will allow the dedicated personnel at the American Red Cross to carry out their duties as we pray and mourn for those killed and injured in these attacks," Dickinson said. <BR>

Old Oct 2nd, 2001, 09:47 AM
Ric

Wooooopy! Carnival Comes Through! Here is how they "come through"! <BR>First, they give a DISCOUNT (which costs them nothing since their ships are not filled) to people who can prove "in writing" that they helped in this horable disaster and will "Donate" money that YOU give them when you pay to cruise with them..... in other words, they are not giving one penny of their own money to anyone! In fact, they will get MORE business as a result of someone elses suffering and pain. <BR>SHAME ON YOU CARNIVAL! Either do nothing or truly give something of value that is a sacrifice for the company that benefits those hurting... NOT Carnival Corporation! <BR>I'm ashamed to say I ever sailed with you!

Old Oct 2nd, 2001, 10:50 AM
Frank

Ric: Not to bright are you? <BR> <BR>Would you like them to discount anyone who calls and claims to have worked on the disaster? Not! <BR> <BR>When you purchase a cruise, you get a service, i.e. the cruise, the cruise line gets the money. Do you understand that simple concept? When they donate part of that money to charity, it is their money they are donating, it is no longer yours. The donation comes out of their profit, as does every donation a corporation or for that matter an individual gives. <BR> <BR>When you make a donation, don't you get the money from your employer or, if you have a business, your customer? I don't think that you would consider a donation you make, as a donation comming from your employer or customer, since you are free to do with the money as you wish. The same is true for Carnival, they could take that money and return it to the investors. Get the concept. Capitalism, the good old American system. Most people would consider $1.5 million "something of value".

Old Oct 2nd, 2001, 01:22 PM
suzie

This is all very nice, but they forgot one group, the flight attendants. Let's nor forget those that lost their lives, and the many that got back on those planes the first days the airlines were flying. My daughter flew extra trips, for about four days. Now she has been laid off like so many. I tried to call Carnival, but their hold time was over 15 minutes. Just my thought.

Old Oct 2nd, 2001, 01:39 PM
Kathy

OK Frank, we can tell you work for Carnival, the two lengthy advertisements you posted at the start of this chain is evidence of that. I agree with Ric, shame on Carnival.

Old Oct 2nd, 2001, 02:07 PM
Andrew

I agree with Ric Frank. I just got a free coupon from Carnival for a $100 discount, by your theory they will loose $100. You said "The donation comes out of their profit, as does every <BR>donation a corporation or for that matter an individual gives". Since my $100 coupon "comes out of their profit" how then is that not a donation. <BR>Frank, get real, they do this kind of thing all the time to increase sales. I'd hardly call this a 1.5 million dollars a "donation".

Old Oct 2nd, 2001, 04:42 PM
Frank

Kathy: No I do not work for Carnival, but am a fan of the company and their cruises. <BR> <BR>Andrew: Regardless of how great a discount you or anyone gets on a cruise, Carnival donates an additional $50 to the Red Cross. Additional is the key word. <BR> <BR>I find it interesting how people are bashing Carnival for contributing $1.5 million to the Red Cross and offering deep discounts to those who worked on the relief efforts. I know it's trendy to bash Carnival on this forum but I respect any company that came from nowhere 30 years ago and ate-up the entire cruise industry including Holland America and Cunard. As they say, "You can't argue with success."

Old Oct 2nd, 2001, 06:06 PM
Sue

<BR>For those who care, those rates are available to EVERYONE. Just check ANY cruise high volume agent.

Old Oct 3rd, 2001, 07:56 AM
Fred

I agree Sue. The only thing Carnival is giving up is "less profit", but then again, they'll get more business so perhaps they wont even loose that. If they really want to "Come Through" give a gift of whatever amount to one of the organizations helping those in need and do not tie it to increased passengers, reduced rates, etc. That way it is an unselfish sacrifice that I for one could respect.

Old Oct 5th, 2001, 08:40 PM
Harlan

This is pure nonsense by the bashers. Take Delta airlines, they are giving away 10,000 tickets to helps the relief in New York. But guess what, you can only get them through radio stations. Now is it completely free? No, Delta get thousands of dollars in free promotional air time. Just smart business folks. You guys need to take Economics 101.