Search

Captain Marvin's

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20th, 2003, 04:10 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Captain Marvin's

Does Captain Marvin's book up quickly? Cruising this fall, do I need to get my booking act together. Thanks for the info.
Old Jun 21st, 2003, 05:54 AM

I have never booked more than 30 days ahead. Depending on when you go- if before daylight savings ends- Cayman time will probably an hour behind ship time. A major problem with large mega ships is the big delay in tendering off the ship- it is vitally important to be at the tender area an hour before listed and attempt to get off the ship on the first tenders. There can be very long waits later.
Old Jun 21st, 2003, 05:57 AM

What cruise line are you sailing?

Princess keeps ship time same as port time.

RCCL and Celebrity may have port time different then ship time.

At least those were my experiences. I would probably wait until you are at final payment before you book Captain Marvin's. I did Capt Marvin's 2 years ago and had a great time!
Old Jun 21st, 2003, 06:02 AM

I sailed RCCL in summer and Carnival in Spring (DST). Both times, when it was 8 ship time it was 7 Cayman time. You can check the time info online. No need to book any sooner than 6 weeks ahead, I suspect. Did Capt Marvin's both times on the early 2-hr stingray/one-stop snorkeling trip and never had a problem making it on time. We only had about 20 min to get there this Spring, but it's only a couple of blocks to the left of the pier and about a 5 min walk. We loved Capt Marvin's! They gave us a repeater's discount as well.
Old Jun 21st, 2003, 07:29 AM

I booked a 2 hour short excursion yesterday for a July 3 trip. No problem.
Old Jun 21st, 2003, 06:47 PM
Original Poster

Hey folks, thanks. CC Conquest at Thanksginig.
Will probably do the short trip and try and get my 15 year old some ski-doo time. Now, is there a place I can rent one for him? Thanks for the help.
Old Jun 23rd, 2003, 04:30 AM

I booked with Marvins about 30 days before my cruise and they told me that others from my ship had already booked with them for that day. On day of arrival, there were about 25 people sitting in the van ready to leave when we arrived. We arrived 20 minutes before the time that we were told to arrive and the other passengers told us that they had been waiting for us. We were on the 3rd tender off the ship and walked around some shops for almost an hour before we walked down to Captain Marvins (a few blocks from where the tender drops you off).