Can we make a 12:30 PM Flight?

Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:29 PM
Lori

Can we make a 12:30 PM Flight?

My family and I will be returning from a Celebrity cruise on March 3rd. Our flight is scheduled to leave Fort Lauderdale airport at 12:30. I believe we arrive at Port Everglades around 8:00 am on a Monday morning. Will this be enough time to make this flight? We are Captains Club members so I think we get to disembark first. Can anyone share their experiences?

Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:09 PM
Theresa

Yes - we normally have 11:30 am flights and have had no problems getting them in the past. We normally arrive at the gate around 9:30 or so. I sometimes use a rule of them to try to make my flights after noon from FLL but always end up booking an 11:30 flight.

Advice - take a taxi from airport to pier. Do not wait for the bus.

Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:42 PM
Cruiser

Lori: Barring an unforseen delays, you should be able to make it.
I also, am a Captain's Club member and I was permitted to leave the ship at 8:45 back in Oct. I secured a taxi and arrived in plenty of time at the airport, for my 11am stand-by flight. Taxi fare was $7.25 without tips (this was on a Sat.though and very light traffic).
What ship are you sailing?
Good luck!!

Jan 23rd, 2003, 04:30 AM
Sherri

12:30 is no problem. Our planes left around that time, and even with LONG
lines at security in the Miami airport,
we still had to wait a while before the plane left. Don't worry about it.

Jan 24th, 2003, 12:23 AM
Paul Therault

I still would go with the ship's guidelines. The ship may be late arriving. There may be a person that will hold up the immigration procedure. Keep in mind economy airline tickets are now of the "use it or lose it" types. If you miss your plane you may have a serious problem. If you booked your flights through the cruise line you will not have a problem.

Paul

Jan 24th, 2003, 01:16 PM
Peter

Lori - my opinion only and based on several cruises out of FLL - 99.9% of the cruise people with 12:30 flights out of FLL have made them with plenty of time. If the one tenth of one percent is too risky for you, you need to change your flight or book it thru the cruise line at twice the price.

Jan 24th, 2003, 03:08 PM
Lori

Thank you all for your posts! One nice thing is that I work for Southwest so the plane tickets will not be an issue. We haven't been on a cruise in 18 years so we were not sure what to expect with the disembarkation procedures. I knew we could take a later flight if need be, but the 12:30 from Fort Lauderdale would be perfect for all of us. We're looking forward to sailing on the Summit! Thank you all for your input and good advice!! Lori