Brilliance or Summit

Search

Brilliance or Summit

Search this Thread

Old May 22nd, 2003, 05:26 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brilliance or Summit

Any feedback on these two ships would be appreciated. Looking @ Feb. '04. Have cruised 10 times w/ Princess, Celebrity, & RCCL. Thanks, T.
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 12:27 PM

We sailed the Summit last Christmas and it was a lovely ship. It was our first time on Celebrity and found it to be a little uptight compared to the other cruiselines. We have travelled on alot of RCCL and Princess and like a more relaxed athmosphere.
Old Jun 18th, 2003, 10:42 AM

We were on Radiance of the Seas in May...in 16 cruises this was the most beautiful ship....would suggest it over many others...lots of fun
Old Jun 18th, 2003, 12:25 PM

We did the 10 day Summit in April. It was our 7th cruise in 3-1/2 years, but by far our best one yet. The people, the itinerary, the level of service were all great. The ship is gorgeous, the staff is polite and friendly and Celebrity pays attention to the details much more so than Princess. (We've cruised twice with Princess, 3 times with Celebrity and have done two 3 day trips on Carnival.) Food wise, I'd say Celebrity and Princess are about even. Celebrity is a little more traditional and seems to be a little stricter on dress code. However, they don't nickel and dime you as much as Princess does.

We just booked our first ever RCCL cruise, so I cannot comment on them yet.
Old Jun 18th, 2003, 02:01 PM

I'll be sailing on Brilliance in August. I'll be sure to let you know what I think when I return.
Old Jun 25th, 2003, 03:43 PM

Just returned from summit cruise-LOVED it. Food, service, room, personnel-everything wonderful.
Old Jun 26th, 2003, 09:06 AM

I agree that the Summit - and Celebrity in general - is more refined and denitely quieter than Brilliance. What I missed the most was the lack of music before dinner and poolide on Celebrity. Minimal. With RCI, a glass of wine before dinner offers lot of options.

More activities sportwise and exercise wise on Brilliance in my experience. Celebrity is lovely but just too subdued for my taste. BTW, I am a 47YO professional woman who typically travels solo or with a friend. 6 Celebrity sailings and 36 with RCI.