Booking a cruise

Mar 9th, 2004, 04:58 AM
Original Poster

Booking a cruise

Would like feedback from anyone who has used cruisequick.com to book a cruise. Thanks
Mar 9th, 2004, 03:43 PM

Go to the website of the cruise line of your choice. See if it doesn't have a link to help you find a travel agent - if so, call one of them. You can save heaps over what these internet sites offer because the cruise lines often have more favorable pricing for "favorite" agencies.
Mar 10th, 2004, 03:34 AM
JonJon

I think cruise lines typically will allow greater discounts by agencies which send them the most business. The trick is finding out which agency has that sort of "relationship" with the cruise line you are thinking of using. Using the links from the cruise line to an agency may be one way of finding that out.

Mar 10th, 2004, 05:05 AM

I used CruiseQuick.com, to book my cruise and I am thoroughly pleased. There are many threads with references to this service. I received a better quote from cruisequick than I did the cruise line. RCCL does list cruisequick as one of their "featured" agencies when you enter their zip code for that option. You'll be pleased.
Mar 10th, 2004, 05:26 AM

wpcx2 is obviously a travel agent, so I would propose you do the opposite. Go to any travel agent, especially those at your local shopping mall, and get their best price for a cruise you're interested in. Then go to crucon.com, cruisequick.com and icruise.com and if those prices aren't at least 10% cheaper, I'll eat my computer.

Peter
Mar 10th, 2004, 05:41 AM

With the purchase of a cruise- it is vitally important to compare several agencies. Consider www.cruisecompete. list your choice on the bargain finder site at www.cruisemates.com look at Orbitz, Travelocity etc.
Mar 10th, 2004, 03:08 PM

Has anyone heard of i-cruise.com. Any positive or negative experiences? Are they an honest and reputable company?
I went to two other agencies to book an Australian cruise out of Sydney on 12/23/2004 and was told it was sold out in the categories I wanted. I called i-cruise and they apparently prebooked a group of cabins and had one available in my price range. They quoted me 1700 instead of 1400 for the air portion of the package, however, which comes from the cruise line. I am attempting to get that worked out. Perhaps he quoted me from another city. Any comments appreciated.