Bring Beer on Board Ship

Search

Bring Beer on Board Ship

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30th, 2004, 09:16 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bring Beer on Board Ship

Has anyone brought beer on board? I'm talking a six pack - not a case. We'd like to bring some Mexican beers to drink in our cabins after visiting the ports. Any advice? Doe we dare try?
Old Jan 30th, 2004, 03:35 PM

I was able to bring beer onto the ship during a baltic cruise (some strange booze from Tallin as well, yech!). It seems like one of the tours we took made some sort of a stop that encouraged you to buy some of the native liquor. They didn't seem to mind. (this was on the now defunct Rennaisance) I think some ships are more picky though. You could always give it a try. The worst they will do is take it and hold it for you until the end of the cruise.
Old Jan 31st, 2004, 04:11 AM

diherbs: That question has been asked and answered here so many times that I doubt you'll get much of a response.
Try typing your question in the "Search this Forum" box at the top of this page and you'll see all the previous responses to similar questions.
Old Jan 31st, 2004, 07:50 AM

I guess it might depend upon the cruise line.

On Celebrity and Royal Caribbean I've brought both beer & wine on board with no problem -- if I brought a bottle of wine to the table, I had to pay corkage ($8 on RC and $12 on Celebrity).

When going ashore I take my back pack as a place to store our purchases. When coming back to the ship I've been known to stuff 3 6-packs in there. No problem going thru X-ray -- just don't flash it.
Old Feb 6th, 2004, 06:09 PM

Hold...what a dork..you could have given the guy an answer in the time it took to post your sarcastic BS.
Yes, we've brought champagne on from home in a backpack, also brought tequila on board, as long as you're discreet and have it in a pack...unless of course someone as pleasant as Hold is working the xray machine...have a great time!
Old Feb 7th, 2004, 05:53 AM

diherbs: Wow, take it easy. I was trying to be helpful. If you do what I said you'll get about 15 posts with almost 100 responses to similar questions, which I felt would be more helpful than one answer from me.
Old Feb 7th, 2004, 08:17 AM

Hold - it wasn't diherbs that called you a dork. And I agree somewhat. You're first response lacked respect. Budman must have given the same response dozens of times, but I notice he is always happy to offer good acvice again and again.
Old Feb 7th, 2004, 12:32 PM

But it's Budman's job to answer the beer questions, isn't it?