Back to Back cruises - MIAMI

Old Sep 18th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back to Back cruises - MIAMI

We are planning to go on a cruise next year summer ... we find that 7 days ones are too short for our liking so we're deciding on a 10+ days cruise, and we might consider doing a couple of back-to-back cruises - total 14 days. Thinking about going on either RCI's Freedom or Liberty of the Seas.

I have a few questions about when ship returns to Miami the first time and I hope there is someone out there who has been on back to back cruises that can help!!

1) Can we stay in our cabin all day? (we'll certainly leave the cabin while it is being cleaned) Can we leave our stuff in there?

2) Can we stay on ship all day?

3) Can we get off ship for a bit and then rejoin the ship without having to re-check in? How easy is it to get back on ship?

4) Do we have to get off in order to re-check in for the 2nd cruise? (go thru Immigration and Customs - we are British passport holders)

5) is there a laundromat near where the ship docks? (so we can launder our clothes from the first cruise for the 2nd one!!)

Thanks!

Old Sep 19th, 2007, 12:50 PM

If you plan carefully, you should be able to have the same cabin on both cruises. I'd urge you to work with a knowledgable travel agent to make sure the booking works and that you have the same cabin assignment, and I'm sure the travel agent can answer your questions about staying on board or leaving.

About laundry, many ships have coin laundries on board. NCL's Jewel-class ships even have a free laundry (you pay for soap).
Old Sep 19th, 2007, 12:58 PM

Here's a little trip report from someone who did a back-to-back cruise (admittedly an older report, so procedures may have changed). http://www.cruisediva.com/grand_princess4.htm
Old Sep 19th, 2007, 04:54 PM
Original Poster

Thank you Doug for your replies, but it's Royal Caribbean that we are planning on taking, not Princess. I know that RCCL ships do not have laundromats for the guests to use, that's why I asked if there is one close to the Port of Miami.

I will certainly work with the travel agent about the cabin, but it will not matter if we cannot get the same cabin for both cruises - it will feel like 2 different cruises to us!

Do the cabins on the mega ships sell fast?
Old Sep 20th, 2007, 06:18 AM

RC has back-to-back cruises department which makes it all easy. Book your two cruises together and get all your Q answered. If you need a good agent, e-mail my agent Alex [email protected].
Old Sep 20th, 2007, 07:27 AM

Hi Blue Sea,

The Crabby Old Guy and I were on The Liberty of the Seas this summer and let me tell you it's an incredible ship...just be prepared to do a lot of walking onboard LOL. I spoke to a woman who was doing a back to back and she was permitted to leave her luggage onboard and keep the same room but had to disembark and get back on. Check with your agent or RCL regarding immigration and customs. Since 9-11 security and immigration are very careful about seeing documentation when leaving and reboarding any ship at the terminals and rightfully so.

As for a laundromat at the terminal I don't think so. You would have to rent a car or take a cab to an area outside the terminal and that would cost you more than doing your laundry onboard. The Miami terminal is one of the largest ports for cruise ships and container ships so there are virtually no social amenities other than chairs and restrooms anywhere to be found.

Whatever you may decide on have a fabulous cruise. May your seas be calm and skies blue.

Stay Savvy!
Hugs,
The Savvy Old Lady(c)
www.thesavvyoldlady.com
Old Sep 20th, 2007, 01:11 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for the replies!