Search

Attn Paul

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30th, 2001, 04:29 AM
Sara

Attn Paul

Paul - <BR><BR>Is is one thing to express your opinion. It is another thing to bad mouth others on the board saying your information is better then theirs or their information is wrong. What you are doing is very rude!<BR><BR>If you are to continue to post here - do not bad mouth or counter others opinions - just simply state your own.<BR><BR>There are people here who have traveled more then you and may actually know more then you (difficult for you to believe I know). Just because you have done something doesn't make it the best solution to their question. There are several solutions to their questions and unless someone agrees with you - you are very rude to them. This is unprofessional.<BR><BR>Sara

Old Dec 30th, 2001, 05:21 AM
Tom

Could not agree more!

Old Dec 30th, 2001, 08:04 AM
pat

Paul isn`t the only rude person on this board!!!

Old Dec 30th, 2001, 09:06 AM
pavla

to Pat<BR>yes he is not the only rude person on this board. He is the captain of rudeness on this board. It makes no sense the way he conducts himself. I think he needs a vacation, VACATION FROM THIS BOARD. AND PAUL WHATEVER YOU DO DON'T GET ON A SHIP WALK SOME WHERE REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, FAR.

Old Dec 30th, 2001, 10:32 AM
Jessie

I'm sorry, but I don't see the rudeness that you're speaking of. Opinionated, yes, but rude? If it is rude to have an opinion, then most on this board are rude when trying to impress everyone with their opinion. Just my 2 cents worth. Guess I'm rude, too.

Old Dec 30th, 2001, 11:57 AM
JasonH

Paul is very rude and not very knowledgable. Wish he would find another place to hang out.

Old Dec 30th, 2001, 12:39 PM
Tim

No Jessie you are not rude. When Paul doesn't get his way he starts name calling by insulting peoples intelligence. He trys to degrade them and any comments they make by saying they are blank blank short of a dozen and so on.<BR> He is typical of the older generation that when they start loosing a constructive arguement that they attack the character of the person that disagrees with them, rather then keeping it on a professional level.<BR><BR> I think if from time to time he would admit he doesn't know, or maybe he is wrong that people would be a little more forgiving. But, you know what they say, "You can't teach an old dog new tricks".

Old Dec 31st, 2001, 12:37 PM
reg

Sara:<BR><BR>I agree with you 100 %. All you have to do is read the mandatory tipping thread to see the real Paul. This thread should get at least 125 hits!!!!!!!

Old Dec 31st, 2001, 02:57 PM
jessie

Tim:<BR>I read the Carnival mandatory tipping thread. I see Paul as being extremely opinionated, but did not see him as any more insulting than some of the other posters. It seems that every time someone posts to a thread it is in a way "countering" someone else's opinion. When a thread like that one continues, it seems that everyone is trying to prove someone else's opinion as wrong. Same as Paul is doing, so is everyone else. I don't even agree with what he was saying, but I don't get how he was any more opinionated than the rest of the posters. I don't get it. He has his opinion, you have yours. It seems to me that because his opinion is different than yours, you say he is rude for saying that your opinion is wrong. You are saying his opinion is wrong, same thing? Whatever.

Old Dec 31st, 2001, 03:24 PM
Ian

I agree that Paul is opinionated and that he has a very definate bias towards<BR>Carnival. But so what, aren't we all in some fashion? I value his opinions<BR>and he of course has a right to voice them. What really concerns me is the level of personal attack that some of the above posters will sink to. So Paul, just look at at the grammer and the plane of thought and take it for what it is worth. Please keep posting.

Old Dec 31st, 2001, 05:51 PM
Gerry

Paul:<BR>Don't let these people bother you. We look forward to your daily comments and opinions. Naturally we may not have always agreed with you.<BR>Just ignore all those negative comments. I think Jessie and Ian have said it perfectly.

Old Jan 1st, 2002, 12:15 PM
Tim

Jessie you missed the ones on other threads where he has called people "Idiots, Thirteen short of a dozen,Dumb, etc..." Whenever he starts to lose a debate he resorts to childish remarks. For a man who has supposedly run a travel agency of many employees and traveled the world this is unacceptable behavior. If you plug his name into their search engine you get thousands of posts. I thought the guy traveled. Whatever your opinion on the guy he trolls this website way too much.

Old Jan 1st, 2002, 06:48 PM
Kristy

I agree with Gerry. I value his posts and cruise knowledge.

Old Jan 1st, 2002, 07:07 PM
xxxxx

I think a great compromise would be for Paul to start his own web page. Then they people that want to hear his rants can go there for his "Advice". And, the people that want to hear opinions other than Pauls can continue here.

Old Jan 1st, 2002, 07:14 PM
Sara

Great idea! Then we won't have to see him.

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 04:58 AM
Janice

I enjoy hearing from Paul. He has opinions and I know they are his opinions. I enjoy reading his and everyone else's opinions. I don't think he's rude to other posters. But, they sure are to him. I did read the Mandatory tipping and saw rudeness but I didn't see Paul's name on those posts.

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 05:03 AM
Elaine

Okay, now and then this site gets on a 'bash Paul' kick. I just don't see where it's warranted. I've asked Paul questions and read some of his answers to others and I can only see that he trys to be helpful..take it or leave it.<BR><BR>And, hey, what is that general comment made above about the "older generation"??!!! And you call another rude and opinionated? I think 'Attn Tim' may be in order!

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 06:22 AM
Joseph

I have only seen 2 posts from this Tim character so I guess doing that would be a short thread. I have seen hundreds of posts by this Paul fellow. I agree with him (xxx), why doesn't he just start his own web site? That would end all the bickering. I don't see where the problem is with that.

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 07:21 AM
reg

To Elaine:<BR><BR>Are you by any chance Paul's wife?

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 08:39 AM
Paul

No, not the 'Paul' your referring to. <BR>I also agree that Paul has some great advice and news bits. I've never taken offence to his posts, but then again, I only look for facts and travel tips in posts. Opinions are quite useless to me. If you think Paul is rude, try some of the boards or reviews on Cruise Addicts or CruiseCritic. You ain't seen nothing yet...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -