Are pool toys ok?

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 09:45 AM
Beverly Murphy

Are pool toys ok?

I know that people on this board think all kids should either stay at home or only be in a Disney ship. Well, I booked a Carnival ship and my kids want to bring their pool toys. Is this a good idea?

The kids play with squirt guns, beach balls, sinking rubber darts, and foam toys (resembles a stick).

Does Carnival supply such toys for kids or should my kids pack their own?

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 09:48 AM
Harvey

Ohh kids and pools. I don't care what the kids do in the pools. After reading the postings about urinating in the pools and the bacteria problems cause by children in diapers, I will never again go in a pool on a cruise ship.

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 10:47 AM
Harvey

Ohh kids and pools. I don't care what the kids do in the pools. After reading the postings about urinating in the pools and the bacteria problems cause by children in diapers, I will never again go in a pool on a cruise ship.

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 09:27 PM
Paul Therault

Good question Beverly. One that I have never seen before.

Of the many cruises I have been on I have never seen a pool toy and I have never seen any signs banning them.

But I do think a bit common sense is in order. Bring a float maybe but not items that may aggravate adults such as squirt guns, beach balls or foam sticks. They can play with those on a beach.

Paul

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 08:53 AM
Anthony

Beverly:
Please remember that cruise ship pools, even on the largest cruise ships, are small pools. It would be inconsiderate to others if your kids fill the limited swimming space with their blow-up toys.