anyone use "Beat anyCruiseline.com?

Sep 1st, 2004, 09:30 AM
Original Poster

anyone use "Beat anyCruiseline.com?

I searched this title but saw nothing . Anyone use them? It seems like all these internet places offer about the same prices. For example, they beat Cruise.com by $5.00 person ... so I guess you just pick one to go with as there is no big differnce in price. Just hoping I could be sure no one had big trouble with them.
Sep 1st, 2004, 12:19 PM

Check out Cruise Palace.com. I've used them for 5 years - great girl, Sue.She's about the same price as everyone else but you can't beat her service. She really looks out for you, especially when she can add you to a group rate.
Sep 2nd, 2004, 07:07 AM

I agree with you Collette. I think that most of the major sites anymore are very close to each other in price. There isnt much room for them to offer significant savings, so you might want to go with whoever you feel gives the best service.
One trick I've used successfully is to call the cruise line (IF you've sailed with them before) and ask to speak with their promotions department. Let them know you're a past guest and that you cruise a lot (not just with their line). Often they'll offer you amazing savings, upgrades, etc., especially if you can be flexable on dates, etc.
Hope this helps.
Sep 2nd, 2004, 07:46 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to both of you. Hopefully, the fact that i didn't hear any horror stories about this company it is safe to book with them. HOLD, I am a frequent cruiser but this would be my first time on Holland America so they are not likely to give me any promos, good suggestion though
Sep 2nd, 2004, 01:41 PM

I've been hearing that travel sites, agents, and the lines themselves can't really reduce their rates, but -- while I've never used beatanycruiseline.com, I have used orbitz because recently (I get emails from tons of travel sites bc i love promos) they've been featuring huge cruise specials. I checked out Holland America for you and they have a 7 night Western Caribbean cruise with rates that are about 60% off the brochure price! Oceanview room for like $500 some dollars, plus you get cash back from Orbitz. I'd give that a try. Oh...and that cruise line looks amazing. Tons of restaurants, great shows, piano bars, cooking demonstrations, etc. I want to go!
Sep 3rd, 2004, 05:29 AM
Original Poster

Hi Baligirl,

Well I just went to Orbitz and looked at the same cruise I booked with Beatanycruiseprice.com. Cat E on Veendam, Feb5 with an assigned midship cabin on A deck..Obritz was $1015 pp with no room assignment , just a gaurantee with possible upgrade. My deal is $915 per person...

I have a feeling one might be cheaper one week and the next time another will beat the price. All in all though not a huge difference. The brochure prices are always way high.
Sep 3rd, 2004, 07:13 AM

That's not much of a difference but with the cash back you will save money with Orbitz bc once you spend $1000, you get up to $550 back, depending on # of people. I hope that is still the case bc when my parents booked they scored with the cash back savings.

Search this Thread