Reload this Page >

american express travel services

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16th, 1999, 10:58 AM
j ward

Please help. We are new to cruising and have <BR>only taken one cruise just recently. We loved <BR>it and will continue to travel this way. We <BR>are trying to find the best way to book cruises for the best possible rates. Has anyone used American Express travel services <BR>to book and were there special offers really <BR>good deals. Any advise is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Old Apr 16th, 1999, 04:47 PM
Joseph

I would definitely check a little bit <BR>it helps to ask more than one agency! <BR>We were in the market for a cruise and <BR>after shopping the internet we came upon a agency that gave us not only a GREAT <BR>fare but also had excellent service. If <BR>your interested visit their site at <BR>www.cruise-sales.com . Go With Ruth travel. Good Luck!

Old Apr 18th, 1999, 01:26 PM
Elaine

My first & only experience with American Express Travel Services was not a good one. I flew to Houston from Chicago, and they charged me for two tickets, and I only ordered one. Of course, this was ticketless travel, so I didn't realize their mistake until it showed up on my visa statement. It took more than three months to resolve, and literally hours on the telephone. My experience may be a 1-in-a-million occurrence, but I'm not going to chance using them again. <BR>

Old Apr 21st, 1999, 10:47 PM
Deb

American Express discriminates against single people. Recently they were advertising a $75 discoount off some of their trips if one booked thourhg them and charges it to their American Express Card. However when I called them they refused to give me the $75 off they said that that was only for couples. I suggested that I get half of that but they refused that as well, so I took my business elsewhere. American Express lost

Old Apr 21st, 1999, 10:47 PM
Deb

American Express discriminates against single people. Recently they were advertising a $75 discoount off some of their trips if one booked thourhg them and charges it to their American Express Card. However when I called them they refused to give me the $75 off they said that that was only for couples. I suggested that I get half of that but they refused that as well, so I took my business elsewhere. American Express lost

Old Apr 24th, 1999, 02:25 PM
kittycat

I have booked AX many times and never had a problem. They always found me the right place with the right price. And....on cruises, on certain lines, they give you $200 spending money plus the travel agency gives you another $100. Check around, then call them last and see what they can do. We always were given upgrades on anything we booked, hotels, cruises, etc. I would call them direct. Good luck.