Reload this Page >

Alaska in June- All Older Passengers??

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 30th, 2000, 05:30 PM
Heidi

Hi I am a 21 year old college student and I am going on a 7-day cruise to Alaska June 3, and I was wondering if anyone had been on this type of cruise on Princess before what type of people were on it? <BR>Ive been on Carnival in the Carribean twice and it was awesome- tons to do. I recently went on Royal Carribean in January to Mexico and it was less fun- not as much night life. <BR>I just want to know if there are going to be any people my age on the cruise?? (Early to mid 20's) Who will like to stay up late and drink and stuff. <BR>Thanks.

Old May 4th, 2003, 07:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm going on a cruise later in the month, but I'm 38. From what I hear, I think this cruise line tends to have older people. Carnival is known to be a party line vs. Princess and Celebrity that are more upscale and older. Hope you have fun either way. You'd be surprised....older people like to hang out and drink too. Especially if they are leaving their kids behind!
Old May 5th, 2003, 05:19 AM

If you thought your Royal Caribbean cruise to Mexico in January was less fun, then you will be comatose when you go to Alaska on Princess. Princess is known for their food and not their party atmosphere.

Clearly Carnival takes the cake when it comes to a festive party atmosphere (after all, they pride themselves as being known as the yFun ships.y

RCCL will be a close second when it comes to parties. In general, less people your age cruise in January (regardless of the destination), so I tend to think that your RCCL experience was not the same that you would experience in the summer.

If I were you I would reschedule and take a cruise on Carnival or RCCL to the Caribbean rather than Alaska. The Alaskan cruises tend to attract an older crowd.
Old May 7th, 2003, 07:44 AM

Actually, the cruise lines do not allow people under age 25 to cruise alone without someone over age 25 in the same cabin. If you are going alone, I would check with the cruise lines about these rules - otherwise, you might be denied boarding on the ship and you might not receive a refund. Definitely check it out!

Good luck!
Julia Elzie
[email protected]
Old May 7th, 2003, 09:54 AM

Sounds like the 25 rule mentioned by juliae, keeps honeymooners under 25 years of age off their ships, too (not just singles).

June is less than a month away, Heidi. Better get checking with Princess really soon for THEIR ruling.

Hopefully you'll have a great cruise!
Old May 7th, 2003, 09:56 AM

Ignore the above posting---Just happened to notice Heidi's cruise date. That was 3 years ago!!!!
OOOPS!!!!
Old May 7th, 2003, 03:29 PM

Most cruise lines allow married couples to cruise together even if they are younger then 25.

Also, Princess has one of the most lenient restristions on age.
Old May 8th, 2003, 05:48 AM

How did a post from three years ago surface? that is wierd. And by the way, I cruised to Alaska at age 23 and my roomate was about the same age. No problems. (Celebrity)