Reload this Page >

Alaska cruising-seasickness

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26th, 1999, 04:39 PM
Ron

My wife and I are both prone to seasickness. We will be taking an inside passage cruise on the Mercury on September 3rd. Is there any cause for concern regarding seasickness on an inside passage cruise. Thanks for your response.

Old Mar 27th, 1999, 06:48 PM
Paul Therault

<BR>Hi Ron, <BR>You will NOT get seasick on an inside passage cruise. <BR>Paul

Old Mar 27th, 1999, 06:52 PM
Rose

Sea sickness should not be a problem. Have you ever tried ginger candy to ward off queezy stomach? Worked well for me in rough seas off Dover.

Old Apr 9th, 1999, 07:03 AM
Dolores

I am also prone to seasickness, but still love to cruise. I start taking ginger pills a week before I cruise and they every day during the cruise. There are no side effects like dramamine. I will be on the Mercury to Alaska on June 11. Will let you know how it was. I can't wait. Cruise the carib many times, looking forward to salmon and grisley bears. <BR>

Old Apr 10th, 1999, 07:37 PM
Noreen

The inside passage cruise was fantastic! Seasickness is definitely not a problem. We had a wonderful time on this cruise. Went in May 97. Met wonderful people with whom we still correspond. Be sure to take a helicopter ride up to the glacier tops. It was great! Don't be afraid. Plan for any kind of weather. It may be cold going through the inside passage. For us, we hit everything from the 30's to the 70's. Take warm boots. The day we sailed through the inside passage it was very cold out on deck. But we bundled up in their flannel blankets, drank the hot chocolate that they come around with, and took in the beauty of the land. You should have a great time! I would love to tell you more so if you're interested please email me.

Old Apr 24th, 1999, 11:58 AM
Ron

Thank you all for your "sick" advice. Dolores, have a great cruise! We'd love to hear from you when you get back, particularly regarding the ship and any noteworthy excursions that you or any of the other passengers took. And Noreen, anything that you would like to add to your already informative response would be most welcome. Thanks, again to all of you.