Search

Alaska

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24th, 1999, 08:29 AM
Chris

Alaska

<BR>!) I have booked an "All Alaska" cruise (Ketchikan to Juneau) on Alaska Sightseeing/Cruise West for August. I'll be on the Spirit of Columbia. Can anyone tell me anything about it? What shore excursions are the best? This will be my first cruise, so any advice would be appreciated. <BR>2) After the cruise, I'll flying to Anchorage and I'll have 9 days to do whatever on my own before flying back to the Lower 48. I'm going to rent a car and take off. Where should I go and what should I do? <BR>-Chris

Old May 2nd, 1999, 09:00 AM
Chris

<BR>I'm just bringing this back up to the top. Thanks to anyone who has some advice for me!

Old May 3rd, 1999, 09:13 AM
John

Hi, Chris, <BR>No help on the cruise front, sorry. <BR>With 9 days and a car from Anchorage you have enough time to see some of the parts of Alaska connected to the "road system," which of course is a small part of the total. The choices are basically north, meaning Denali Park, south, meaning the Kenai Peninsula, or an east-south loop, by road to Valdez and back across PW Sound by ferry. Any of these choices can easily fill a week; combining more than one would probably be OK only if you're really in love with driving. They're all very enjoyable in their own way. Get a copy of The Milepost and see what hit's your fancy.

Old May 3rd, 1999, 09:44 AM
leslye

Hi Chris, <BR>If you would like a "very quick" response from lots of great people try: <BR>www.cruise2.com. There are so many people on this site it's great info!!!

Old May 4th, 1999, 11:54 AM
Dolores

the June issue of Cruise Travel has an article on Alaska Sightseeing/Cruise West. The ship they mention is Spirit of Glacier Bay. I you want to send me a personal e-mail with your address I'll be glad to copy it and send it along to you. I'm off to Vancouver on June 9 for a cruise on the Mercury. check out the web site for the state of Alaska, it has some good info. <BR>