Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Cruises
Reload this Page >

7-day cruise in June on RCCL under $600?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31st, 2003, 04:27 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have come across a 7-day western Caribbean cruise on one of RCCL’s Voyager class ships that seems like a good deal.<BR><BR>I can get an inside cabin for $578 per person ($1156 for two).<BR><BR>This seems like a good deal to me. I am about to book it, unless someone tells me that I can get an even better deal.<BR><BR>Thanks in advance<BR>
Old Mar 31st, 2003, 04:36 AM

Jim,<BR> I would say book it!! I did Voyager last June and paid over 800 for a cabin. Did Navigator in Jan for 700.There were others who got better deals, met others who paid over 1000. June isn't the cheapest time to go; there will be many families and expect kids. Does that price include govt taxes and port charges? Read the fine print! Still, if you can get a cabin for under 700 in June,I think it's very good. We're on Mariner in January- we love this class of ship.
Old Apr 2nd, 2003, 11:51 AM
Original Poster

Just a follow-up to let y'all know that there are great deals out there. I almost booked the Voyager for June 1-8 for $578, but then my TA told me that I could sail on the Navigator even cheaper. <BR><BR>I just booked my wife and I on the Navigator for the May 31 - June 7 sailing and we are paying $564 each ($1128 total). That is for all port charges, government fees and taxes included. If you want to upgrade to a window of the sea, you will pay $300 more per person.<BR><BR>I have no clue why the price doubles for the next sailing to the western caribbean, but maybe it has something to do with all of the schools being out my the 2nd week in June.<BR><BR>Good luck &amp; by the way, there are plenty of great deals out there, so shop around.
Old Apr 2nd, 2003, 12:58 PM

Here is the deal of all deals!!!<BR><BR>Explorer of the seas 5/31 sailing...<BR><BR>TR/Atrium stateroom for 550 taxes and port charges INCLUDED!!!! I'm booked, you should too! Booked through cruise brothers in Cranston RI. Ask for Paul Hafer at ext. 842...
Old Apr 3rd, 2003, 03:34 AM

Jim,<BR> You'll love the Navigator better than any of her sister ships. The wine bar, Boleros, Jade....have a blast!
Old Apr 3rd, 2003, 02:26 PM

I just booked HAL Volendam-10 day guarantee for $680,pp April 18th.<BR><BR>Prices seem to change hourly.
Old Apr 11th, 2003, 11:36 AM
Original Poster

maryann that is a good deal only because it is a 10-day cruise. Since we are now well into the month of April, any cruise bookings during this month are considered last minute and you should demand a killer deal. <BR><BR>Sailing in April means it is the off-season (except for the wild spring breakers, which will not affect a 10-day cruise) and I have found several amazing deals. I saw more 7-day cruises in April for under $350 than you can shake a stick at.<BR><BR>Thanks for the post, but Jsargent34 and I seem to be on the same page. Sailing in June always means that the prices are higher. The water is warmer (that is important if you plan on going snorkeling or swimming) and the air is warmer.<BR><BR>I welcome hearing from anyone else who finds a 7-day cruise in June for less than $600. Please note that Jsargent34 and I are both sailing on newer ships.<BR><BR><BR>By the way, I booked my cruise through cruise.com<BR>