Search

4 Teen on Cruise

Search this Thread

Old May 5th, 2003, 06:34 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4 Teen on Cruise

Our daughter (16) would like to have three friends join us on a cruise next spring. Can we put four kids in an inside cabin if my husband and I are across the hall or near by in an outside?
Old May 6th, 2003, 10:10 AM

Which cruiseline? I think that some cruiselines require anyone younger than 18 to be in the same cabin with at least one person over 18 or 21.

I suppose one way around that would be to have you in the room with 3 of the 16 year old kids and your husband in the room with your daughter. then when your luggage arrives, the two adults simply go into one cabin and let the kids take the other cabin.
Old May 6th, 2003, 04:32 PM

Hello,

At least one adult over the age of 25 must be listed on the stateroom reservation. Check with your cruise line - sometimes the cruise lines will allow teenagers to have their own room as long as they have at least 1 adult listed on their reservation, just in case there is a problem. Then, the adults can have 1 cabin and the teenagers can have the other stateroom. All of the cruise lines have a different rule about these situations, so be sure to check.

Have a great cruise!
Julia Elzie
[email protected]
Old May 7th, 2003, 05:19 AM
kep

Hi: Were just on Voyager of the Seas RCCl. Travelling with 17yr old and 13 yr old. My husband was listed with one child in one room and I in the other. Of course my husband and I took one room the boys the other. The only problem is with room keys as mine then opened the kids room and one of the boys only had entrance to our room. Our rooms joined so we just left the door open between rooms and we always had access. But I could see this as a potential problem if your rooms did not join. Karen
Old May 7th, 2003, 05:57 AM

We were on the Voyager of the Seas also. We were on the week before Easter. Our two kids 13 & 15 had a inside room directly across the hall from our outside room. It was a great setup and we really enjoyed the ship and the cruise. We had a Superior room with a balcony. The only way to go. We were on the sixth deck. It was fantastic!!!