Reload this Page >

3rd & 4th specials???

Search

3rd & 4th specials???

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 12:05 PM
family going

3rd & 4th specials???

I would like to take a family cruise. We would need to take advantage of specials... seems like I used to see $99 for 3rd/4th in cabin or 3rd/4th go free...<BR><BR>Is there a way I can watch for that kind of special? Discount boards? web sites?<BR><BR>At the rates I've seen recently, it is just as cheap to buy 2 cabins! <BR><BR>Thanks for your help!

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 12:16 PM
John

If you're flexible enough to go on either 4/21 or 4/28 you can get a seven night cruise on the new NCL Norwegian Star that cirles the Hawaiian islands for only $299 apiece - get two cabins! Thats for an outside by the way.

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 01:06 PM
anotherfamily

John,<BR>That sounds great but most of us have kids in school then. I'm with the first poster--we'd love to take our two kids on a cruise but it's not cheap! We stayed at a Beaches all-inclusive for the price I'm seeing on most cruises and the all-inclusive included alcohol and other drinks. Help help help someone!

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 02:13 PM
Laura

John, that looks like a super deal. Who's offering it?

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 11:28 PM
Paul Therault

<BR>You're correct. This year I have seen more specials for the first two in a cabin with an expensive 3rd and 4th. The last fax I received with a major reduction in 3rd and 4th prices was in January where the Nordic Empress sailing out of San Juan for a 5 nigt cruise on April 15 was $110 for 1st two and $50 for 3rd and 4th. Plus port and tax. Plus airfare to S.J. Haven't seen anything major for school vacations since.<BR><BR>Paul

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 05:01 AM
Elaine

I told my daughter about the above mentioned Hawaiian cruise special. She said she'd bet the air fare would be high and called Delta. Well, RT from LR ARK on such short notice (I guess that is why) was $2000+ to one of their airports and $1700+ to the other...each.<BR>I'm sure they are having trouble filling cabins this close to sailing and are having to offer what really is a good rate..if you live there! Maybe getting there would be cheaper from some other places, although LR is not an expensive place to fly in and out of.

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 05:44 AM
John

Elaine - thats strange, when I tried Orbitz for the 4/28 sailing from Kansas City, it was only $550. I think you can do better than that from Little Rock.

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 07:41 AM
Elaine

Hi John, You're right. I think she called for the 21st sailing and that 7 days would probably make a difference, though I didn't think very much. And dealing direct with the airline may not be the way to go in this case. The fare you got was very good and combined with that cruise price, well worth it.<BR>

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 09:15 AM
Margot

John, or anyone, can you tell us who has the $299 special as NCL's website doesn't, thanks.

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 10:05 AM
John

Margot - I don't know how Fodors feels about putting links on their board but here is one place that sent me the info:<BR>http://www.momentsnoticetravel.com/

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 12:08 PM
wendy

I am putting together a group trip for Oct 6-13th that includes families aboard Royal Caribbean. The 3rd and 4th person of any age is $224.05 each. Please email me if you have interest.<BR>

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 01:14 PM
Patty

John,<BR><BR>Thanks for letting us know about that deal. I was able to book the April 28th sailing in a Cat F guarantee for that price and got air out of LAX for $341 a piece. I was just in Hawaii last month but that's too good of a deal for me to pass up. Have you sailed on the Star before?<BR><BR>Laura & Margot,<BR><BR>As John mentioned, Moment's Notice has this special for the April 21st and May 5th sailings and Yahoo Travel has the same offer for the April 28th sailing. But you need to act fast, I went to book a second cabin for someone else and they only had Cat KK left for the April 28th sailing.<BR><BR>Elaine,<BR><BR>Did you try searching on the internet or on Delta's website? When I called Delta the lowest fare was $592 but when I checked their website, they had a web special for $341, big difference. It's worth a try. Good luck!

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 01:30 PM
John

You're welcome - glad someone got a chance for a great deal. We're already booked on a May Caribbean so we couldn't do it. For cheap airfare from LA, try Northwest - last I saw, they had a $300 special.<BR><BR>Who needs travel agents anyway?

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 02:33 PM
Margot

Thanks, John, I'll check it out.