1st timers need HELP!!!

Jul 16th, 2002, 04:46 PM
Mike

1st timers need HELP!!!

We are plannning a trip on RCCL, Majesty, the week of August 10th.We need a quad for our family of 4 and don't know whether we will enjoy an inside cabin. Also, what does category mean? Which decks are more preferable? Please answer ASAP. Thanks.

Jul 16th, 2002, 05:39 PM
Pam

August of THIS year? If so, you may not have much choice if you haven't already made your reservations.

Jul 16th, 2002, 08:04 PM
xxx

The cabins are very small. If four are sharing a room I would definately want a window. Took the Majesty as our first cruise and really enjoyed it. You want to be in the middle of the ship for less seasickness. Like the above poster said I'm not sure how much room choice you will have but book asap! Enjoy!

Jul 16th, 2002, 09:00 PM
Paul Therault

Hi Mike,

If you are new to cruising you really should see a travel agent. It will not cost you any more money and everything will be explained to you in detail.

Paul

Jul 17th, 2002, 06:02 AM
Peter

Yeah, Mike. What's with you coming on this "cruise" board and asking questions. Call a travel agent. God, the nerve of some people.

We are a family of four and sailed the Majesty in an inside cabin. It was very, very small (maybe 115 square feet?). Biggest problem was storage space for three females and me. My one suitcase wasn't the problem; it was the other seven and all the formals and shoes - plus, the empty suitcases themselves. The big ones didn't fit under the beds.

Jul 28th, 2002, 11:32 AM
michaelbuttons

Dear first time,

The first time is the best fun so listen to too much of the complaining here. The window thing is very good idea. I traveled without a window when a student but spent no timein the room. Ifyouhave children, they will, especially use the VCR, TV and home in when feeling lost on ship.

The few extra bucks for the window will pay off, youdon't need a balcony or half a deck, just a good big window.It is good funfor kids to watch the seas when nearing ports.

Regarding the luggage for four, the ship will store it for you, you need only ask your steward.

Since big ships sailing from American ports, now required to carry certain specified medical care aboard, contain everything your could ever need, board with a smile on your face and have good time exploring the ship. Try the kitchen tours and any other offered.

Do not let anyone throw cold water on your trip enjoyment and realize you are not in downtown Chicago. A first time anywhere is the best time. An adventure with your children is a privilege.

Jul 28th, 2002, 10:39 PM
Paul Therault

Hi Mike,

If you are planning an inside cabin I hope you have a very close family.

Measure a space in your home that is 12' x 15' and put in a bathroom. See what you have left.

Best to book a larger stateroom either inside or outside.

Paul

Jul 28th, 2002, 10:44 PM
Paul Thearult

Sorry, I meant 12' x 10'