1st timer..western carib

Search

1st timer..western carib

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12th, 2005, 12:53 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1st timer..western carib

I'm thinking of taking a Jan, 4-7day trip to W.Carib..very interested in mayan ruins. Is Riviera Maya or Cozumel good? So far I've found RCCl Granduer of the Seas, Norwegean Sun, Celebrity Zenith, and Carnival Fascination. Any thoughts?
Old Oct 12th, 2005, 04:32 PM

What are the various itineraries? For moe info see passenger reviews at: www.cruisecritic.com. As for Mayan ruins it depends on what the itineraries are. You lots of time to see Chiczen Itza so be sure there is such an offering by the ship which in this case I would take. You can also see Tulum, just donw the coast from Playa Del Carmen and this won't take very long. The main one to see is Chitzen Itza however.
Old Oct 13th, 2005, 04:07 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Jacketwatch, I'll check the website..I guess ChitzenItsa and Tulum are to be seen..from Cozumel
Old Oct 13th, 2005, 05:26 AM

I don't think you can see CI from Cozumel. You would have to ferry over to Cancun then bus it and of course get back and its a long ride. If seeing ruins is a priority then CI is the best spot so see which cruises on your list offer that excursion. Cheers, Larry
Old Oct 13th, 2005, 06:00 AM
Original Poster

ok I'll look into the excursions..thanks
Old Feb 21st, 2007, 06:32 PM

I caught tulum on a ship excursion 4lanE road (307) RIGHT ON THE OCEAN WITH A BEACH THAT IS TO DIE FOR EASY WALKING MOWED LAWNS GREAT PHOTOS DID THIS IN DEC 2006 AM GOING BACK IN APR. i'M RENTING CAR IN PLAYA DEL CARMEN FOR $60 SHIP GETS IN AT 7 AM WILL BLAST DOWN TO TULUM GET IN 3 HOURS OF SWIMING BEFORE TOUR BUSES THEN HEAD TO GRAND CENOTE FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS OF SNORKLE THEN DRIVE BACK UP THE COAST AND SHOP AT THE LITTLE SHOPS THAT I SAW FROM THE BUS WINDOW ABOUT $8 PER TO GET INTO TULUM AND THE SAME FOR GRAND CENOTE SO I'LL SPEND ABOUT WHAT A SHORE EXCURSION WOULD COST FOR THE TWO OF US