Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Cruises
Reload this Page >

12 night cruise, British Isles, Le Havre, Belgium and Amsterdam

May 23rd, 2019, 02:45 PM
Original Poster

Hi all!

Iíve booked a 12 night cruise next month for my husband and I with fun stops Iím frantically trying to research and plan for.
The Fodorís community is always so incredible in helping me make the most of our adventures.

Iíll be researching posts according to each location but thought Iíd start a thread in case anyone wants to chime in on multiple areas. Iíll make notes on what Iíve planned for or weíre thinking about and welcome ANY feedback or recommendations. Weíre in our 40ís and would prefer to book private tours or bus/taxi/Uber around.

2 Days in Dublin
(Looking at Dublin Pass for Guinness/Jameson/St. Patrickís/hop on and hop off (of which my husband is a fan). Overnight will be on ship.
1 Day in Liverpool
1 Day in Belfast
2 Days in Cork
1 Day in Dover
2 Days in Le Havre/Paris
My husband has never been to Paris so we could go and spend the night there (accommodation/private tour/restaurant recommendations?) or Iíd like to find a more charming/quiet French countryside/nice town experience closer to Le Havre port.
1 Day in Bruges/Belgium
2 Days in Amsterdam
Bought tickets for the Anne Frank annex and may get tickets for Van Gogh museum. A friend recommended staying in Jordaan which seems to be convenient.

Thanks in advance!