Reload this Page >

Wyndham Resort or Windjammer??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30th, 1999, 01:08 PM
Linda Corbett

My husband and I are traveling to St. Lucia in March. Have heard great things about Windjammer Landing and the Wyndham Resort! Any recommendations about these or any other accommodations? <BR>Thanks!

Old Feb 10th, 1999, 10:31 AM
Murray

Dear Linda: <BR> <BR>My wife and I stayed at the Wyndham Morgan Bay in January of 1998. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The service was excellent, food good to great and the rooms were very nice. We asked for and got a complimentary upgrade to the highest rated room (we booked a middle rated one). Generally, if there is space, they will upgrade you. Most rooms appeared similar in size and appointments, but are rated more on location. We ended up on the ground floor, about 30 ft from the beach. Talk about heaven. We could lounge just outside our room and still be next to the beach. The food was good. One buffet restaurant and one buffet. Good quality and assortment. Good activities program. Staff friendly and helpful. No vendors on the beach. <BR> <BR>A "must do" is a boat tour from Joy. This is a guy who runs a small operation with one boat, and takes out about 10 people at a time. Really worth it. Spectular views, good snorkelling and even a barbeque on a deserted beach, served by Joy's sister. Also included is a tour of the drive in volcano, and a waterfall. <BR> <BR>In researching our trip, I found a review on the net about the Windjammer Landing. The complaints were that because the rooms are in villas up the side of a steep hill, you need to always call a shuttle to go to the beach. And the phones were out of order most of the time. There were other things, but that was enough for me. You can find out more on Paul Graveline's Carribean Roundup Newsletter (or something like that). <BR> <BR>I hope I've been of some help. Contact me again if you have questions. <BR>

Old Feb 23rd, 1999, 11:23 AM
Pat

Linda, <BR> <BR> My husband & I stayed at Wyndham in April, 1997. I ditto everything Murray said, especially Joy's boat tour. <BR>Food, accomodations and staff were wonderful. <BR> <BR> P.S. Hi Murray <BR> <BR> Hope this helps. <BR> <BR> Pat

Old Feb 23rd, 1999, 12:31 PM
ruth

Two years ago February I stayed at the Windjammer. We loved it. There was no problems getting trams.At that time you were able to have an all inclusive food option & we took it. We had pizzA delivered during the day. I don't know if they still offer it because I'm sure that after my family & another family that was with us left, they realized they really didn't make any money on the food part of our vacation. We took a cab over to see the Wydham & were dis appointed to see such a small beach. The guests were lying all over the grass since the beach was so small. I can only say that the Windjammer was upscale 2 years ago, but I can't vouch for it now.

Old Apr 24th, 1999, 10:52 AM
tom

We just got back from a stay at windjammer and had a great time. <BR> <BR>We selected Windjammer specifically because we took our two girls (ages 2 and 4). The villa was perfect for us. <BR> <BR>Our room was a little run down, but once we opened everything up and settled in, we found it very comfortable. We had no problems with anything significant, and the couple of small issues we had were instantly resolved. <BR> <BR>Don't know anything about Wyndham Resort. <BR> <BR>Good Luck. <BR>

Old Apr 25th, 1999, 02:33 AM
Bridget

I am also wondering about the Wyndham Resort. We plan to take our 2 children (ages 11,15) there in June. We have many concerns. How is the food and service? How hot and rainy is it in June? Is the beach really that murky? Will they find enough activities to stay busy? Any info is appreciated. <BR>Thanks!

Old Apr 26th, 1999, 05:53 AM
Jan

We are just back from the Windjammer and it was wonderful. The room was large and very clean. We had a full kitchen, living room, and large bedroom with a walk-in closet. The bathroom had a fieldstone tub/shower with peepholes that looked out to the ocean. We also found out our travel agent could have had us upgraded which probably would have meant a full ocean view. There was a small hill directly in front of our view but ocean view off to either side. We were close enough to walk down but we used the shuttle to go back up to our room. The phones were always working and the employees at the resort were very very nice and helpful. You do feel a little confined to the resort because we felt the taxis were expensive. $13 US one way for a 10-12 minute ride to a restaurant. <BR> <BR>The Windjammer had free watersports and though we don't have little kids anymore the kids club looked like the children were having fun and were well looked after. They have tube and banana rides everyday as well as snorkel trips at 10am and 2 pm. Kayak and sunfish sail boats you can take out for free. <BR> <BR>We didn't have anyone approach us to buy drugs. We did talk to a couple staying at the Wyndham and they said they were approached everyday on the beach to buy drugs but they said the resort was very nice and they were pleased. They just said no to the drugs and were left alone. All beaches in St. Lucia ar public. <BR> <BR>If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask and I'll try to answer them for you.

Old Apr 26th, 1999, 07:33 PM
julie

Jan <BR>Glad you had a great time. I remember haw worried you were before you went. we loved the Windjammmer too and agree with your report.

Old Jun 14th, 1999, 10:03 AM
Beth

I just got back from St. Lucia. Stayed 5 nights at the Hilton & 5 at Windjammer. Both are great, in different ways. <BR>As for the Windjammer, we wanted a 1 bedroom villa & got upgraded to a 2 bedroom. It was HUGE. We had a plunge pool, and 4 decks, including a rooftop deck perfect for watching the sunset & stars. The snorkling was great too (for a beginner)