Search

Wyndham?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15th, 2004, 04:49 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wyndham?

My 19 year old daughter and I are going to the Wyndham in Aruba for a week in Janurya. Is there anything I should know?
Old Dec 16th, 2004, 01:08 PM

Great hotel, we were there in September. There are some great little restaurants within walking distance. Go out front and turn left and keep walking.

Have fun!

Peace, Greenie
Old Dec 16th, 2004, 04:11 PM

Afields,
I just stayed there a few weeks ago. Its a very good hotel. Rooms are ok, I stayed in a regular room and a large suite, the suite was very nice but I've certainly stayed in better. The wind is obnoxious, but that is Aruba. The Pago Pago restaurant although expensive is EXCELLENT. They don't like requests for late check out but always give a LITTLE, check out noon but will give to 1pm if pressed. The staff around the hotel need to get their jokes right, kept getting the same one and was only there two nights (10 days apart) and thought this could get annoying if I were staying here a week. Have a good time. Though to me I just don't like Aruba.
Old Dec 17th, 2004, 10:47 AM

Oh, forgot to add, join the wyndham by request program. You will get an automatic room upgrade (we got a suite) and some goodies and drinks in your room before you checkin.

Make sure you email the hotel with your info prior to checkin. We did and everything was ready for us when we checked in. Also, late checkout is part of the service.

[email protected]

Peace, Greenie
Old Dec 18th, 2004, 04:51 PM

Greenie,
I'm not sure what you got as a 'suite' upgrade, there are two levels that greatly differ. We got upgrades only because I asked, and a good thing however some varied alot. One room was a junior suite and two were full suites. The junior suite was not much larger than a regular room however located in front of the hotel which great view...its only redeeming quality. The full suites which are to the left and right of each junior on every floor are two separate rooms, so far more spacious, two balconies and a bathroom with whirlpool, generally.
It would be a good idean to elaborate on that suite upgrade. It is a fine hotel, I had no quirks with it...though seemed like pulling teeth for certain issues but could be perhaps because others have that built into their 'package', we were not there on a package, just an overnight coming and going from Bonaire. I definitely got the feel that should we had stayed for a week with a 'package' things certainly would have been much different. However, they were excellent for us 'drop-ins'.
Old Dec 19th, 2004, 04:35 AM

I don't know what kind of suite we had but it was huge. Bedroom with large sitting area with couch, two large club chairs with ottaman and a table and four chairs.

Then a dressing area right outside the bathroom. No special tub. Plain old tub/shower combo.

If you join the Wyndham by request, it is in the info that you get an auto upgrade if available.

Hope that helps.

Greenie
Old Dec 22nd, 2004, 04:27 PM

Greenie,
You had a full suite, enter into sitting area with sofa, two chairs, table, coffee table, TV and balcony....through double doors the bedroom another TV and balcony...into the bathroom a two sink area with a walk in closet to one side and bath area to the other somewhere inbetween a small room with the toilet. Not all 'suites' have a jacuzzi tub, mine did and with that came a capsule type shower. Again it was a good place to stay, I think others benefit more on package deals...ala carte travelers not. Happy travels.