Worried about hurricanes

Old Oct 27th, 2002, 05:47 AM
sandy

Worried about hurricanes

I would like to go to PDC in November but are worried about hurricane season. Is there anywhere else we could go in the same price range (I got a price of $1,500 for 4 nites all inclusive including airfare), nice beaches and a town nearby to walk about and sightsee.

Old Oct 27th, 2002, 06:48 AM
hugh

where is pdc

Old Oct 27th, 2002, 08:29 AM
xxx

Hurricane season is over the end of November but rarely do they form in November.

Old Oct 27th, 2002, 11:53 AM
sandy

To Hugh: PDC is Playa Del Carmen in the Mexican Riviera.

Old Oct 27th, 2002, 04:37 PM
Cathy

I live near the Gulf Coast and have survived Andrew, and recently, Isadore and Lili. Hurricane season ends November 30th. True, you are less likely to have big storms at this time in the season - although Mitch hit in late October 3-4 years ago as a Catagory 5 storm and currently the remenents of a Pacific hurricane just crossed over Central Mexico. This has been an ususually active year.

The biggest problem with Hurricane Season is not so much the hurricanes themselves, but it is the fact that this is a tropical weather season where you will have much more rain, more frequently. So although you probably won't have a hurricane in Novemeber, you still may have rain storms.

If you really want to be safe, you could go to Aruba, which is outside of the tropical storm convergence zone. Since November is the off season, a travel agent should be able to get you a good deal, especially on a 4 night package.