Windjammer Landing help please

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22nd, 2006, 07:46 AM
Lornah

Hi,

I am booked to visit Windjammer on our honeymoon in three weeks, and am becoming incresingly concerned about the quality of the Ocean View Room we have booked. From the resort website and my agent I was led to believe they are very spacious all with large private sun terraces. Does anyone know if this is the case? I dont appear to be getting any response from any forums i have asked this question on!!!!

Really appreciate any help at all.

Thanks

Lorna

Old Feb 24th, 2006, 04:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Lorna
this is a difficult question to answer. The ocean view rooms are located about 5 minutes walk uphill from the beach. They are near Papa Don's pool which is quiet. The actual bedrooms are about the size of a hotel bedroom but with outside balcony area and separate bath room with bath, wc and inbuilt showerhead over the bath. If you go for the upper level you will have a little staircase that takes you from the balcony up to the roof where there is a sunbathing area. It took us 2 days to discover this when we stayed in one!! These are better than the ones below which have a terrace but that is it. My own personal opinion is that they are still better than the average hotel room and are quite quaint. However, these rooms are older in style and the bathrooms are not sealed in and therefore can get hot - and the mossies can get into the bathrooms.

The older one bedroom villas are not really worth upgrading to as the living rooms are very small and the bedrooms are down one level and I felt claustrophobic when in one - I preferred the ocean view rooms. Some of the older style villas have a jacuzzi on the upper deck but I don't think there are many of these.
Do write a report when you get back and have a great time.

CL
Old Feb 24th, 2006, 04:48 AM

Lorna, if you have a real problem with the oceanview room tell them you are on honeymoon and see if you can get upgraded into any of the new 1-bedroom villas - they are amazing!
Old Feb 27th, 2006, 02:58 AM
Lornah

Thanks Caribbean_lover for your response. We have now had a letter from our tour agent regarding ongoing works at the resort from the Nov floods. I have read your previous posts earlier in the year regarding this, and so feel confident that they must at least be coming to the very end of these works, however if you do know anything more? I am still optimistic for an amazing honeymoon (its in my nature!), I really hope I will not be disappointed, I have been anticipating this trip for a year!
Thanks agin Lorna

Old Feb 27th, 2006, 03:48 AM

Hi Lornah - I think unfortunately the works will be going on for a while. They are rebuilding some of the villas - however, these are located at one specific part of the resort but quite near the beach. Therefore the noise was quite loud near Jammers bar but not so intrusive down the end of the beach. If your villa is up near Papa Dons you should not be disturbed at all up there. Certainly when I was there a lot of rocks were being depostited to form the foundations for the new villas. Once they get to the concrete stage it won't be so bad. If didn't spoil my holiday but then I wasn't on honeymoon
The recent reports on tripadvisor have not mentioned the works at all so, hopefully, things are getting better.
Old Feb 28th, 2006, 12:16 PM

Lorna

I note that you live in London and I am based in Surrey!

do a google search on windjammer st lucia steel review and you will find a very comprehensive website on St Lucia and Windjammer.
If you find the site feel free to email me!

Babs
Old Mar 7th, 2006, 07:13 AM
Lornah

Babs,

I am actually in Surrey too (always put London on these things for ease), Sutton, where are you?

Lorna