Windjammer Barefoot Cruise???

Jul 11th, 1998, 09:46 AM
Maria

Windjammer Barefoot Cruise???

Has anyone been on a Windjammer Cruise? What is the average age? Is it only for people who like to party and drink and play games? We like to relax, read, get some sun, snorkel etc.

Jul 11th, 1998, 01:02 PM
K Noel

first off, check out www.windjammer.com--there's lots of info there, especially on their BB. We went on a WJ trip on the Yankee Clipper in February. There is one ship that is more of a party ship, the Polynesia. there's plenty of R&R, snorkeling, etc. and also some entertainment if you like. (I tended to read, keep to myself while my husband did join in some of the stupid games etc!!) the ships do sail, however they are not sailboats in the traditional sense--the engines are going all the time. I would suggest the YC in the Grenadines or the Flying Cloud in the BVI's for great snorkeling and beautiful beaches. Let me know if you have specific questions! K Noel

Jul 13th, 1998, 07:24 AM
Jean E. Bowers

Windjammer changed alot since they no longer will allow passengers to have bottles of liquor in the cabins. I sailed on the Polynesia out of St. Maarten and loved every minute of the trip. I am not a big drinker, or game player, but love to watch. The selection of islands was great, and there is plenty of time to take the sun, relax, read swim if that is what you want to do. The islands we visited were great to tour. On each island there are several trips to pick from. WE went to Nevis, St. Kitts, St. Barths and Anguilla. You however do not have to take any of the day trips and they are at an extra charge, but reasonable. You can rent snorkel equiptment and even buy clothes if you run short. We had some couples in their 20's but the largest group was 30-50. The food is very good, the prices at the bar reasonable, and everything is kept quite nice and tidy. Twice during the week I sailed they had live music on board to listen or dance to. This was my second trip and I would do it again.

Jul 13th, 1998, 09:15 AM
Cheri

We've been on several now and have two more booked. They are wonderful. Ages on all the ships we were on ran from early 20's to 70's & 80's. There is always a nice cross section. It's not all partying and drinking. It's what you make it. If you want to drink yourself simple, that's up to you, but we have seen very little of that. Everyone is out there to have a good time and relax and get away from the real world. I highly recommend it.

Jul 14th, 1998, 06:00 PM
Debbie

We have been on the Flying Cloud twice and agree with all above postings. My son liked the Cloud well enough to want tpo go again (he booked his honeymoon on a different ship and liked it as well.

Debbie