Search

wind in aruba

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29th, 2013, 06:51 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wind in aruba

Just returned from five days in Aruba. Before we went, we heard a lot about the wind, and we heard right -- there's plenty of wind on Palm Beach, where we stayed. And maybe that isn't for everyone. I have no idea whether it was windier than usual, but I do know that due to the blazing sun, we were very happy the wind was blowing steadily. I think it would have been pretty warm otherwise. I know some of the other posts in the forum have mentioned the wind, and it's true it seems to blow a little harder at some parts of the beach than others. But for my two cents, I was glad it was breezy, especially in June.
Old Jun 30th, 2013, 04:40 AM

I agree with you completely. It is one windy island for sure, but as a result you rarely feel really "hot." I have been many times to Aruba and it is always windy. I hope you had a good time. We will go again in Feb. as we own a timeshare there.
Old Jun 30th, 2013, 10:10 AM

Where did you stay? I am going for the first time in early August and will be staying at the Radission. Any observations about that part of the beach? Any other helpful tips about what to do/not to do where to go or not to etc... would be great, too.

Thanks!
Old Jun 30th, 2013, 11:02 AM

The Radisson has the best stretch of beach out of all of the high rise resorts on Palm Beach. Much of the hotel structure blocks the strongest wind gusts as well. You will be comfortable without being sandblasted.
Old Jun 30th, 2013, 05:50 PM
Original Poster

We stayed at the Westin, which is apparently one of the windiest sections, but as I mentioned, I was glad for the breezes. Agree with ArubaLisa that the Radisson has the best beach. Probably the biggest and the least crowded. The Radisson also has the nicest landscaping. Don't miss the breakfast cat entertaining the patrons at Gilligan's, the beachside eatery.

Karaoke in several languages at the bar at the De Palm Pier, also located nearby.
Old Jun 30th, 2013, 06:07 PM

europe2011, there are not any places I would say to beware of, in Aruba. Will you have a car? I can suggest restaurants if you like. We stay at Divi Resorts. Beach is windy there. As far as what to do if depends on what you like to do. Many people do a jeep tours. This gives you a great tour of the island where you can visit a natural pool. They are somewhat bumpy, or just a tour of the island, by van. You can snorkel, visit de palm island, go to Baby Beach, visit the lighthouse at dusk beautiful view. Go for a drink (skip the food.)