wind in aruba

Dec 20th, 2004, 08:32 PM
Original Poster

wind in aruba

I am going to Aruba in January. I was told to avoid dining on the beach at night, such as at the Flying, Fish because of the wind. Has anyone had experience with this problem?

Thanks for your help

David
Dec 21st, 2004, 06:15 AM

WE dined at simply fish on the beach at the Marriott and had no problem with wind. I think the island is windier in spots than in other places. I was very worried about it being windy.(My mom stayed at the Wyndam and hated it because it was so windy.) We stayed at the Marriott which is at the end of the beach and only had a light breeze. It was windier one day in the 8 days we were there. I wouldn't worry about it too much, you will have a great time in Aruba. We really enjoyed our trip and would return tomorrow.
Dec 21st, 2004, 01:59 PM
EJC

To me, wind is a major concern whether you're on the beach day or night. my wife and I love Aruba. But the only downfall is the WIND. As girlonthego mentioned; it depends on where you are when the wind blows.I don't know where Flying Fish is, so I can't address it. But, it seems to me the windiest section is near the Phoenix resort, if that helps.
Dec 22nd, 2004, 05:35 PM

To me the wind on Aruba NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE is OBNOXIOUS! Try to eat outside and everything needs to be nailed down. Wind isn't the only reason I don't care for Aruba...its touristy and plain. Much better places to go.
Dec 22nd, 2004, 05:38 PM

I was warned about the wind as well....
Maybe it was an off week, however, i went the last week in March and the wing was not an issue.......

Dec 23rd, 2004, 04:07 AM

I went in Nov (end) and didn't really find it to be a major issue, it actually was nice cause you didn't feel the heat so much. (so wear your sunscreen) Have fun!
Dec 23rd, 2004, 05:01 AM
cdt

Luck of the draw. We were there in Feb. - often a windy period - and had no problem. We encountered more wind on the north shore of Jamaica.
Dec 23rd, 2004, 05:20 AM

My wife and I were in Aruba 5 years ago and ate at the Flying Fishbone. Our table was literally 10 feet away from the water! We thought it was a fabulous experience. While I do remember it being windy during the day, I really don't recall having any issue with the wind during that dinner. Have fun!
Dec 23rd, 2004, 05:55 PM

I don't know if the wind is consistent throughout the year/seasons in Aruba but...

When we went 4 months ago, the wind was welcome during the day in the warm sun. At night I don't recall the wind being an issue- we definitely did not have to nail things down. And Flying Fishbone was one of the highlights of the trip. Don't miss it.