Why??

Aug 18th, 2003, 06:25 PM
Original Poster

Why??

Why are messages showing up all over the place - not on the correct island? I asked last week but the message didn't stay posted for very long.
Aug 18th, 2003, 08:05 PM

There are no "correct isle" categories.
The only reason the islands are listed in the above pull down menu is to aid in searching the archives.
You can tag your posts however you wish, but when they appear they'll be listed in random order based on time of posting and replies.
Aug 19th, 2003, 03:44 AM
Original Poster

I did mean in the archives.
Aug 19th, 2003, 07:16 AM

How are you using the archive text search? I tried a couple searches just now and it seemed to work fine.
Aug 19th, 2003, 11:10 AM

People post this question all the time and surprisingly Fodors does not include it in its FAQ.

Sample Questions:
"I posted a message to the Turks and Caicos forum, but it posted to the general Caribbean board" or "I did not include the name of the island on my post because it is redundant to the forum I posted it under".

Sample Answer: There is only one general Caribbean forum, not independent forums.

But, if you want to display posts related to a specific island, click on the specific island and then click on "search" .

Aug 19th, 2003, 11:11 AM

People post this question all the time and surprisingly Fodors does not include it in its FAQ.

Sample Questions:
"I posted a message to the Turks and Caicos forum, but it posted to the general Caribbean board" or "I did not include the name of the island on my post because it is redundant to the forum I posted it under".

Sample Answer: There is only one general Caribbean forum, not independent forums.

But, if you want to display posts related to a specific island, click on the specific island and then click on "find".