Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Who has the best steak & lobster in Cayman?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15th, 2002, 05:52 AM
cee

What restaurant has the best steak & lobster in Cayman? I realize this may result in many different opinions. Please respect everyone's opinion even if you disagree. Thanks in advance for the info.

Old Feb 15th, 2002, 08:22 AM
G

You'll hear mixed reviews about the Wharf, but we were just there last week and my mom had what she called the best steak (actually filet mignon I think) of her life, and my husband had a fabulous lobster tail and a delicious piece of tuna. Everyone went home raving! But some will tell you they don't think its all that good. I'd say give it a try!

Old Feb 15th, 2002, 11:24 AM
Scott

My wife and I also enjoyed the Wharf, but our favorite place in GC was The Reef Grill. After that, We felt Smuggler's Cove was tough to beat.

Old Feb 15th, 2002, 02:08 PM
Sandra

for small and intimate, with very effiecient and friendly service you can't beat smugglers cove for seafood. It's got just as great a view as the wharf, is less expensive and you don't get rushed out at the end of your meal. I always take visitors there. Though the wharf is an experience.<BR>The island favourite at the moment is Rigazzi in Buckingham square? next to the Hyatt.

Old Feb 15th, 2002, 02:29 PM
G

YES Ragazzi is wonderful! No view and has been very crowded the last few times I've been, but the food is EXCELLENT! Seafood, Pasta, Pizza....

Old Feb 16th, 2002, 11:10 AM
freewoman

I live in Texas where we have wonderful steak, but I believe one of the best steaks I have ever put in my mouth was at The Wharf in GC. Don't know if I have ever had one better.

Old Feb 17th, 2002, 05:17 PM
Trish

I love Italian food, but my husband doesn't, so when we went to Ragazzi's, he ordered their steak and he really carried on about it. Likewise, when we went to Casanova's to celebrate our last night, he ordered the lobster and said it was the most succulent he's ever had.

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 06:08 AM
spike

The Lobster Pot by far!!!!!!!!!!!! for lobster and The Grand Old House for a good steak...

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 07:58 PM
David

I agree with the Lobster Pot! Great food at reasonable prices, with excellent service as well.

Old Mar 1st, 2002, 08:31 PM
juli

I am a red meat lover and although I only had steak once while on GC (its not the high point of dining, like the fresh seafood). I had a delicious steak at Smugglers Cove. Very Peppery, the way I like it.<BR>I am not a fan of lobster, but most restaurants we ate in had amazing seafood. I can get great steaks in NYC but the best tuna I have ever had was at The reef grill.<BR>Happy Eating!