Best Place to stay in San Juan, PR

Feb 25th, 2002, 06:24 AM
Stephanie

Best Place to stay in San Juan, PR

I am hoping that someone will be able to tell me the best overall hotel/resort to stay in San Juan.

We are looking for something very close to the beach, with a pool and very close to the nightlife. In addition, we would like a place that has comfortable, clean accomodations, good breakfast and for a reasonable rate. Do anyone have a good overall...nothing too, too fancy place to stay that they recommend?

Thanks a bunch!

Feb 28th, 2002, 06:51 AM
cc

Check this website: www.travelandsports.com

Feb 28th, 2002, 09:37 AM
tracey

My husband's company is staying at Westin hotel outside San Juan for this years president's club trip. I have heard from others that it is beautiful but pricey!!! Good Luck

Feb 28th, 2002, 01:05 PM
John

I know the Embassy Suites offer delicious complimentary breakfast and the rooms are comfortably large, all for reasonable pricing.

Feb 28th, 2002, 01:15 PM
rqf

Embassy Suites is a good hotel with a nice pool. It is, however, a 10 minute walk to the beach.

Mar 1st, 2002, 05:14 AM
tom

IMHO the best places to stay in San Juan are (in my order of preference):

1. El San Juan (Isla Verde)
1. Ritz-Carlton (Isla Verde)(tie)
3. Intercontinental (Isla Verde)
4. Marriott (Condado)
5. Condado Plaza (Condado)

All of the above hotels are right on the beach, have very nice accomodations, good pools, and all are in areas of good nightlife.

I'm not sure what your definition of "reasonable" is but you can get pretty good deals/packages for all of these hotels if you travel off-peak.

Mar 1st, 2002, 09:14 AM
Lorraine

The Westin Rio Mar has all those things that you are looking for but its 45 minutes from the airport so it maybe a little bit out of the way but worth checking out.

Mar 1st, 2002, 11:44 AM
bo

I've spent many nights in PR. The El San Juan or the Ritz are my personal preference; although there are several nice hotels in Isla Verde.

Mar 1st, 2002, 11:24 PM
Debbie

Anywhere on Isla Verde or Condado would be perfect.