Reload this Page >

Who has better beach: Jalousie or AC

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 12:45 PM
Maureen

I am going to stay at Ladera for a few nights in St. Lucia. I wondered if people had an opinion on the better beach in terms of peace, snorkelling, appearance, beach bars etc. Thanks

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 05:51 PM
Ashley

Definitely Jalousie-- Anse Chastanet's beach is black sand, and not as clean looking.

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 06:20 PM
Edye

Not to mention how much closer Ladera is to Jalousie than to AC. Don't waste your time on those crazy roads - go to the beach. Jalousie preferred.

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 11:16 AM
X

My vote is for Jalousie. The employees at Jalousie will get you a chair when you arrive, and it will be fine. When you go to AC, the chair they give you is awful. You will really feel like a second class citizen there. We regretted losing a day there. I had heard a lot of great things about AC, but was relatively disappointed by the experience. Although, I must say that I never saw the rooms and that is what is hyped up the most. Anyone else have a similar experience at AC?

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 11:27 AM
Maureen

Well, that is very helpful. I don't have too much time at Ladera so don't want to waste my time at a beach where I may feel uncomfortable. Also, from what I understand, the shuttles are more frequent to Jalousie. Thanks

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 03:17 PM
MasterDux

My wife and I spent our honeymoon in St. Lucia, you will love it. We were there in November. However, if you want a nice "beach" I'd suggest the day sail in the Grenadine Islands, about 30-40 minutes by small plane, the water there is WAAY better. But you'll love St. Lucia anyway. Good snorkling in St. Lucia, saying this so you don't panic. Have a great time, but look into my suggestion..Palm Island inparticular was to die for beach-wise.

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 04:33 PM
penny

Don't know what you are talking about! We had wonderful weather at Jalousie, why get in a plane! Why the hassel! Jallousies spot is beautiful, between the Pitons, and palm trees!

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 04:35 PM
penny

Opps-water not weather! Anyhow its still a trip to take!