Which resort in Punta Cana?

Oct 15th, 2004, 05:55 PM
Original Poster

Which resort in Punta Cana?

Hi,
I think I have narrowed down my choices to two resorts in Punta Cana for our trip in Feb. The Grand Palladium or the punta Cana Princess. I want a resort that is tropical, with lots of plants and shade areas around the beach and pool. Both of these seem to have good reviews and are priced well. I was also looking at the Bahia Principe, but I think it might be too big, new and concrete! Also the Bavaro Princess sounds nice but is it too big??What do you think?? Thanks, Judy
Oct 16th, 2004, 04:57 AM

Are you going as a family or just adults. I stayed at Secrets Excellence in Punta Cana this past summer. It is adults only and was very nice. I love children, but when I'm on vacation I like to relax. It was such a great atmosphere with no children around. The beach there is great, but the water is a little rough. Not good for snorkeling.
Oct 16th, 2004, 07:02 AM
Original Poster

We are all adults but my husband wants to golf and I think that Secrets is too far from a course. Also it priced out about $500 more per person, so I don't think it's worth it.
Oct 16th, 2004, 11:44 AM

We just returned from the Grand Palladium on September 8. It is a big resort. Actually five hotels in the one complex. If you stay at the Grand Palladium you can eat and drink in all hotels. There are a lot of plants and shade areas around the beach and pools, but they disappear fast. You have to get up early and go "mark your spot." If you stay at the Grand, make sure you get either a Deluxe Room or a Jr. Suite. You will not be happy with ROH. The Deluxe Rooms and Jr. Suites have been recently renovated, but the ROH have not and need it badly. There are three "specialty" restaurants and they are all very good. I think we walked past the Princess so its not far from the Grand. Maybe someone out there has been there and can comment on that one. Bahia Principe was not open when we were in DR in March, so it has just recently opened. IMHO it is best to wait until the help gets more experience.
Nov 11th, 2004, 08:20 AM

Hi . we stayed at the iberostar resorts they are wonderful, the service out side of the bar area is not poor they just don't offer it. but if you ask they will bring it. rooms staff food and drinks were great... the intertainment and the "friends" staff was above excellant.. Had a great time lots of fun there were 41 of us that traveled there in our group and not one person had a complaint.
joanne
Nov 11th, 2004, 09:53 AM

Check out Sunscape Beach in Punta Cana...just opening up.. brand new.. we have just mde reservations for February...
Dec 13th, 2004, 04:40 PM
wow

Hi, ParrottMum: is it www.sunscapebeach.com???
Looking for somewhere great to go w/ our teens (16 & 17) for mid-March. Need a suite or separate rooms or condo...any suggestions, anyone???