Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

How is the beach at the Turtle Nest Inn?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 10:36 AM
alka

Thinking about scheduling a trip to the Caymans and staying at the Turtle Nest Inn. Want to know if the beach there is a really nice beach or not? Also, is it far from everything else or not?

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 02:35 PM
Ted

<BR>www.turtlenestinn.com<BR><BR>It's a hike from the action on Seven Mile Beach.

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 06:50 PM
vicki

It's far from the action indeed - about a 30-40 minute drive from town. I've not seen the beach there, but living on the island and being familiar with the different areas, I can tell you that if there is beach, it won't be much to write home about.

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 08:40 AM
marge

Yes, I would also like to know whether or not the beach is rocky or good for swimming?

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 04:25 AM
Cheryl

We stayed there last year. While we really enjoyed staying there, the beach is so-so compared to Seven Mile Beach. It's small and a little rocky going in, with some turtle grass you have to wade through. What's nice is that there is a reef not that far off shore right that is great for snorkeling ... Since the reef is right off shore you run into broken pieces of coral washing on shore. <BR><BR>We had a really nice room at the Inn. It was very clean and the people at the Inn are excellent hosts. It's about a 20-25 minute ride into the Georgetown area and Seven Mile Beach from there (longer if going around rush hours).