Reload this Page >

which island combines topography and beaches

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 07:30 AM
cestmoi

We love laying on the beach as well as hiking. Which island would be best for us to look into planning a vacation at?

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 07:43 AM
Nancy

Nevis has a rainforest which should be perfect for hiking. Montpelier Plantation Inn has their own beach club (shuttle) and has grougeous views of the rainforest. Also, St. John has the national park and lots of beaches. Nevis is more exotic -- St. John is more convenient.

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 07:45 AM
a Travel Professional

St. Lucia has beach and hiking.

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 07:53 AM
Margo

Peach & Quiet Hotel in Barbados offers a week of hiking trips in Barbados for an additional cost. Go to Google and type out Peach & Quiet Hotel, Barbados and get information.

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 08:00 AM
Margo

Go into Google and type out "Hike Barbados" and get information on various hikes.

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 11:59 AM
Island Girl

I agree with Nancy regarding Nevis and St. John. I would also suggest any of the BVI (Tortola, Virgin Gorda) for hiking, beaches and gorgeous scenery.

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 12:55 PM
Alyssa

St. John is an amazing island. The beaches are pristine & uncrowded and there are several National Park hiking trails. The snorkeling is great too.

Old Jun 22nd, 2002, 02:42 AM
Paul

Guadeloupe, Martinique, St.Kitts, St. Lucia, St. John all fit the bill.

Old Jun 22nd, 2002, 03:58 AM
Professional Traveler

Dominica also needs the criteria.

Old Jun 22nd, 2002, 07:51 AM
Kristin

I thought the beaches in Dominica weren't that nice? We were there for just a day (cruise port) and certainly loved the rest of the island. As their saying goes: 365 rivers, one for each day of the year.

Old Jun 22nd, 2002, 07:53 AM
Kristin

I agree with the St. John recommendation and also wanted to point out that Puerto Rico meets your requirements. There is great hiking in the rain forest (El Yunque) and the dry forest (in Guanica), and there are lots of beautiful beaches. I live in PR, but St. John is probably my favorite island of all the ones I've visited.

Old Jun 22nd, 2002, 08:38 AM
tivertonhouse

Port Antonio/Jamaica (Long Bay, Boston Bay, Frenchman's,Dragon Bay beaches),all the Blue Mts to hike in or bike tour down from,waterfalls -- and no package/Negril/ or Sandals type tourists.

Old Jun 23rd, 2002, 06:22 AM
Sonia

In Google type out "geographia" and click on Caribbean--then select St. Kitts and Nevis--will give you eco-adventures includes hiking tours.