Which Island

Old Mar 22nd, 2002, 08:03 AM
Lizzie

Which Island

My husband and I are planning a vacation for the last week in May. We cannot decide which island would be best. We have been on several cruises and like Jamaica, Barbados and Antigua. Any suggestions? Hotels/Spa/Resorts? Thanks!

Old Mar 22nd, 2002, 08:54 AM
Penney

Did you want to return to those islands you likes or want something different? All-inclusive or not? What price range did you want to stay in?

Old Mar 22nd, 2002, 08:56 AM
Lizzie

I think we are leaning towards Barbados. The weather seems to be better in May. We plan to spend about $3000 - $4000. We are open to all inclusive but it does not have to be. Do we want to be on the west coast? How about Colony Club, Glitter Bay, Tamarind Cove of Bouganvillia (sp?)? I keep seeing these names? Thanks.

Old Mar 22nd, 2002, 09:35 AM
Susan

What about Sandals St. Lucia? It is about $4,000.00 with airfare and is all inclusive. I heard it was fabulous. Or LeSport in St. Lucia, also an all inclusive.

Old Mar 22nd, 2002, 09:36 AM
susan

Oh...I forgot to mention, LeSport in St. Lucia is a all inclusive spa. My girlfriend just had her honeymoon there and you get (2) spas a day per person. If you are in for a spa, that is the place to go.

They thoroughly enjoyed it.

Old Mar 22nd, 2002, 01:30 PM
Penney

I really do not know too much about Barbados as our stay there was no long. I have heard of the resorts you are considering and they all get good reviews.

We love Jamaica. We just love the feel of the island and the people. In general, too, it will be alot more affordable then Barbados. We like GL Negril. Very luxurious, beautiful decor on a terrific beach.

Old Mar 23rd, 2002, 06:50 AM
Kevin

Sandals St. Lucia is nice. My wife and I went there in October one year and stayed in one of the private villas with its own plunge pool. It made for easy cooling off when things got steamy inside the villa. We spent almost the entire time in the main pool due to the heat. The golf course is OK but I would not go there if golf is a priority for your vacation. Booze flows all day, especially at the swim-up bar in the main pool. Be ready to share your vacation with many young honeymooners, which isn't necessarily bad. The restaurants were so so. If you are looking for a painless vacation (no extreme planning necessary), then Sandals is an easy choice.

Old Mar 23rd, 2002, 07:43 AM
Trish

If you liked Antigua and are interested in going back, try Sandals Antigua. Depending on what you saw there, we found the island to be historically interesting and some of the places are still somewhat preserved. If you're interested in something new, try Curacao. It's a Dutch island and has played an important part in our travels.