Search

Where to travel with baby in Caribbean?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22nd, 2007, 01:19 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where to travel with baby in Caribbean?

Hi all.

My husband and I are looking to take a quick trip (3-4 nights) in April with our 10 month old baby.

We are thinking Caribbean. Ideally I'd like to go to a destination that has a nice little town to explore (unlike Jamaica -- where you can't leave your resort). Also, I'd like a baby friendly hotel with a great pool, beach and restaurant options. It would be nice if the hotel had generous size rooms and was relatively close to the airport.

I've been to the basics -- PR, Jamaica, Dominican, Aruba -- and am looking to go someplace else if possible...if I could just find the right destination/hotel combination.

PS - We are coming from NY area so would also like a direct flight if possible -- or a realtively easy transfer...!

Any help is appreciated.
Old Feb 23rd, 2007, 07:16 AM

Did you need a kids club that accepts babies? If so, I think that limits you to Club Med villages with the Baby Clubs--not aware of any other options for child that age. Maybe FDR in Jamaica (but I know you said Jamaica is out).

Otherwise, any big hotel should be able to accomodate a baby without you really disturbing anyone. How about the Marriott or the Ritz on St. Thomas?

Lara

Old Feb 23rd, 2007, 03:49 PM

What about ST Lucia? Coconut Bay Resort is family oriented and all-inclusive. Or ST Kitts - the Marriott has everything and is in the heart of the tourist area, so you can walk to everything. Fabulous capital, Basseterre.
Old Feb 23rd, 2007, 04:36 PM

Remember that the baby will need a passport. If he or she does not have one, apply now.

Have fun.
Taitai
Old Feb 24th, 2007, 12:08 PM

Turks and Caicos. Direct flight from JFK, only about 3 hrs. There are many condo style hotels to choose from. The sands has a kiddie pool but there are other more luxurious options.
Old Feb 24th, 2007, 12:42 PM
pat

Didn`t they roll back the passport requirement for kids until next year, for the Caribbean and Mexico?
Old Feb 24th, 2007, 02:04 PM

We had a great time in St. Martin with our son who was about 1.5 at a time. Though we stayed in Anguilla and came to St. Martin for a day, we liked it so much that we extended our stay and spend 2 more days in St.Martin.
Old Feb 24th, 2007, 02:33 PM

We took our 7 month old to Coco La Palm (Negril) in 2004. It couldn't have been more perfect for him (and us). We are traveling back with our, then to be, 10 month old twin girls and family in May. I understand you have been to the "basics", but there isn't a more perfect place than Coco La Palm on Negril beach. As far as "not being able to leave your resort"....give us a break.