First timers need help

Old Jan 22nd, 2005, 04:26 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First timers need help

Hi, We are off to Aruba in March, well, kind of, booked air using AA miles so saved a bundle of $$.. 2 totally differnt places have been recommeded, Holiday Inn and condo Playa Linda..Do the condos only rent Sat - Sat? Haven't received a response from their site. Dress,what exactly do they mean casual. for example dinner at El Gaucho shorts sundress?. thanks for help
Old Jan 23rd, 2005, 09:16 AM

Our family has vacationed in Aruba several times. You are correct, the Holiday Inn and the Playa Linda are totally different! El Gaucho is nice. A little more fancy than most Aruba restaurants. Beware that spring break is in March and there is also a period where the locals take the beaches over.
Old Jan 23rd, 2005, 09:47 AM

I believe most of the timeshares are Saturday to Saturday. Both Holiday Inn (good location..nothing fancy and food leaves a bit to be desired)and Playa Linda (which is very nice) are on Palm Beach where there are tons of activities and you can walk from hotel to hotel.

Old Jan 23rd, 2005, 10:08 AM

The Holiday Inn is right next to the Playa Linda. At the Holiday Inn you will get just a hotel room, at the Playa Linda, since it is a Time Share you will get a kitchenette with a bedroom and/or living room. Depending exactly what you requested. Studio, one bedroom or two bedroom. Usually it is cheaper to stay in a Time Share for a week instead of a hotel for a week. You didn't say how long you will be in Aruba for, but if for only 4, 5 or 6 nights, it still might be cheaper to stay in a Time Share.
Old Jan 23rd, 2005, 10:16 AM

El Gaucho is great! Be sure to order the El Gaugho steak, there is not a drop of fat on it and it's really tastey!!! The dress code is casual, but it was as cold as a meat locker, brrrrr...
Old Jan 23rd, 2005, 10:29 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for input.. Where to stay became a moot point, Playa Linda was already booked. Holiday Inn will be fine, not doing the a/i sounds like many great restaurants in the area to try, including El Gaucho.. Is the golf course worth it to carry clubs with us? Drinking and gambling age 18 or 21, I have seen both posted. Thank you
Old Jan 24th, 2005, 08:24 PM

From what I heard from a friend who went to Aruba was that the Holiday Inn was undergoing extensive renovations. You might want to check on the status of that.