Aruba Help

Old Apr 15th, 2008, 10:32 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aruba Help

Which of these places 2 stay has the best beach area? The Divi Pheonix or the Playa Linda. Any thoughts?
Old Apr 15th, 2008, 12:33 PM

Last year we stayed at the Hyatt which is 1 or 2 places down from Playa Linda. We had a nice beach and looked like they did also.
Old Apr 15th, 2008, 07:08 PM
EJC

Phoenix and Playa Linda are within walking distance of one another; but it seemed much more windy at Phoenix. In fact, we got sand blasted. Playa Linda is next to Holiday Inn, which has an excellent beach area.
Never been to Divi.
Old Apr 16th, 2008, 03:56 AM
KVR

We stayed at the Holiday Inn. Overall, the Playa Linda looked nicer and I thought the location was better. I agree that the area around the Phoenix gets more complaints of wind. It's been said that the beach sticks out farther so there is no wind break from the hotel. We had no wind issues at the HI.
Old May 19th, 2008, 07:04 PM

Has anyone ever stayed at the Divi Aruba all inclusive? My boyfriend and I are going to Aruba for the first time in October. We are in our late 30's and early 40's. We are looking for an all inclusive resort that will be very relaxing and not break the bank. We do not need absolute luxury but the rooms have to be clean. Can anyone offer any advice?
Old May 21st, 2008, 05:24 AM

There are very few AI in Aruba to my knowledge. There are a plethora of restaurants everywhere. Some are high priced and some are not. There is McDonnalds and Wendy's etc. I don't think I would choose AI even if it was offered. We had lunch at Smoking Joes and had a wonderful burger with fresh fries and $9.99 each. Forget about AI in Aruba.
Old May 22nd, 2008, 08:08 AM

my boyfriend & I (early 40's)stayed at the Divi sister hotel Tamarijn last early Nov. We enjoyed it very much -convenience of meals and drinks included - a la carte restaurant every night if you want (no restriction like other AI's), or there is the buffet, also snackbar (pizza, sandwiches) at pool til late evening. Divi is a little more upscale than the Tam, I would like to try it. Very relaxing, nice beach! At the Tam, rooms are oceanfront, right on the beach. At the Divi only certain buildings are oceanfront - but it I'm sure all the rooms are nice.