Search

where to stay

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 03:59 PM
natsand

where to stay

I am planning a honeymoon in late november and have suddenly been intrigued by the BVI.<BR><BR>I have looked at Biras Creek, which is nearly (if not completely) out of my price range (looking for a 5 night stay). But it looks like EXACTLY what we want.<BR><BR>Can anyone recommend something along those lines (romantic getaway, privacy, beaches, good food, maybe mild nightlife) that might be a little less on the pocket book?<BR><BR>Much appreciated.

Old Aug 8th, 2002, 07:05 PM
Dave

<BR>Hi Nate -<BR><BR>If you're willing to strip away the gloss that drives the pricing at places like Biras and Peter Is and go with your stated goals...<BR><BR>Sandcastle on Jost Van Dyke<BR>Anywhere on Anegada<BR>Long Bay on Tortola<BR><BR>

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 11:37 AM
srod

Do Biras -- you'll love it. If you're looking to save a few dollars, stay in their garden suites. They're still close enough to the ocean that you'll hear the surf at night. We weren't in our room enough during the day to fully enjoy the view from our ocean front room. When we go back, and we will, we will probably book the garden suite. The garden suite and ocean rooms are set up identically. Good luck!!

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 11:42 AM
Tom

Little Dix Bay on Virgin Gorda without the food plan. We loved Little Dix Bay more than Biras Creek because of its location and service.<BR>Great service, location and beach with a very romantic setting.

Old Aug 16th, 2002, 10:56 AM
linda

Biras was fabulous!! The poster who mentioned getting a garden room was right on - we got the same advice and were so glad we listened. The ability to take the Boston Whalers to a different private island each day was amazing. I obsessed over choosing the "perfect place" when we planned our trip and I have to say that Biras exceeded my expectations!!

Old Aug 17th, 2002, 07:07 AM
Matt

We were in Virgin Gorda last year and stayed in Nail Bay Resort and cruise around all other Resorts in Virgin Gorda but to be frank I will prefer Nail Bay Resort...they are in 147 acres and has three beaches in which Mountain Trunk Beach is the best one and one of the best snorkelling Beach on the island. Most of the time this beach is empty and private. Checkout their place www.nailbay.com I am sure you will love it..they have more choices in accommodation and have villas from one bedroom to 5 bedrooms with private pools etc..and they are not very expensive comparing to others.<BR><BR>We are very much looking forward to go back and stay with them...staff is also lovely..<BR><BR>Regards<BR><BR>Matt