Notices

Where to go....

Old Jan 8th, 2009, 11:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where to go....

I am looking at going away with my husband (ages 25 and 26) at the end of February- We are pretty open to the idea of going just about anywhere for a decent price- I would looooove to see Puerto Rico and Costa Rica... but I think they may be out of our price range ($750 each including airfare) I am leaning towards Varadero right now because they have great sales.... anyone have any advice or anywhere to get good deals? I would be flying out of Winnipeg Manitoba Canada.
Old Jan 8th, 2009, 05:47 PM

Amanda1984 I think that you should consider visiting St.Kitts and Nevis. There are exclusive villas and cottages that you can rent on island to prevent you from paying those expensive hotels fees you can get to St.kitts/ Nevis via American airlines from Canada to Miami and Miami to St.Kitts from St.Kitts you can catch a local ferry and get over to Nevis. If you need any other info please let me know.
Old Jan 8th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Original Poster

I would love more information on these villas... I have never heard of this island before! thank you
Old Jan 9th, 2009, 09:27 AM

Maybe airfare from Canada to the Caribbean is significantly cheaper than from the US, but I think $750 a person would only get you airfare and maybe one meal. I wish you luck finding a deal for $750 total per person (including airfare), and if you do please let us all know!
Old Jan 11th, 2009, 05:48 AM

www.cheapcaribbean.com
www.caribbeantravelforums.com
Old Jan 13th, 2009, 12:32 PM
cdw

For your price range, I suggest a small boutique hotel on the beaches of Playa del Carmen, Mexico. You can eat fairly reasonably, especially if you take a soft side cooler and picnic on the beach at lunch. Look at trip advisor and pick a well rated hotel (maybe even one that includes breakfast.) There are some wonderful and cheap places to stay/eat.

The Mayan ruins are amazing as are the beaches around Tulum, such as Playa Paraiso. You can hike to that beach from the Tulum ruins and the water is beautiful and there are some great little bars along the way. The cenotes are worth exploring and the snorkeling is good in that area. At all costs, avoid the organized trips and do things on your own with a rental car or even just a cab driver. This is much cheaper and you don't waste time, either.

Another option would be Cozumel. We stayed at a condo called El Cantil. They have very reasonable rates and are in a prime location. Again this area has good food, good snorkeling, and wonderful diving.

http://www.elcantilpenthouse.com/unitType.php
Old Jan 15th, 2009, 09:26 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Everyone-

Yes $750 is possible from Canada... right now my husband and I can do Varadero for $732 per person, but we wanted to see what else was out there first!!!