Search

where to get married?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 08:07 AM
lars

where to get married?

I am looking for suggestions as to where to run off and get married (no guests; 2nd marriage)in December either in Hawaii, California, or the Caribbean. Thanks.<BR><BR>

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 08:33 AM
marion

Ummmmmmmm.......that's a bit like writing and asking "I'm looking for a new car. What kind should I buy?".<BR><BR>You need to offer some specifics like: *budget<BR>*have you been to any of these places before<BR>*what do you envision for an optimal site in terms of geography/culture/nightlife<BR>*what kind of hotel or resort would best suit your tastes<BR><BR>A few hints please.<BR>BTW....congratulations and best wishes.

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 09:50 AM
JJ

We got married 2 years ago in Anguilla @ the Sonesta on the beach... It was great. They arranged everthing from flowers to photograhper to minister and sponsors. We had no guests either and had a wonderful dinner at Blanchards after.. The island is beautiful and quiet. Not many tourists..Beaches are fantastic and Sonesta was quite comfortable and not pricey. Restaurants can be expensive but the food is good. Blanchards my favorite.

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 09:55 AM
Nanette

If I were getting married I would want to get married on the beach at the Crystal Cove Resort--Barbados, Jumby Bay Resort--Antigua, Round Hill Villas--Montego Bay Jamaica, Hotel Villa Del Sol-Zihuatenejo Mexico, Royal St. Lucian--St Lucia or anywhere on the Big Island of Hawaii. All classy resorts/islands and so romantic.

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 10:03 AM
Nanette

If you go into Google and type our resort name you will get info--wedding packages at most or all of the hotels listed in previous post. We loved the Big Island--it was quieter and less commercial than the other islands.

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 02:24 PM
Penney

We were married at the Grand Lido Negril. They own a yacht that was given to Princess Grace and Prince Rainer as a honeymoon gift and it is soooooooo beautifuil and romantic for a wedding. Very private and the resort is beautiful. Negril is a great area.

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 04:33 PM
Trish

We got married in Hawaii. Would I recommend it? I don't know. You spend more time than you think you will on the preparations. So what do you want to do with your remaining time? If I was to do it again, I might have chosen someplace a little less crowded, although it was beautiful.

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 05:12 PM
fran

We were married at Young Island in St Vincent and the Grenadines.I can't recommend it enough. Do a search on this forum for Young Island for more details.

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 05:38 PM
Pete

You might want to try going to a justice of the peace here in the US, then run off to an exotic location for the honeymoon. That's the easy way to do it, and you can avoid a lot of hassle and hot weather. Every time my wife and I have witnessed a wedding in the Caribbean, we've always been glad we didn't wed there. But we did honeymoon there, and that we would recommend.

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 06:06 PM
Connie

My husband and I were married in Barbados in September, 1998. I highly recommend destination weddings, especially for a second wedding. We didn't have to worry about anything, it was beautiful, we wouldn't have changed a thing. There are some pictures on the web site of the company we used, you can copy and paste the web address, http://aweddingforyou.com/island/ibarb.htm. Feel free to e-mail me directly if you have additional questions. Good luck with your planning and best wishes!

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 03:42 AM
Marla

The Ritz Carlton Hotel, Laguna Niguel California, was rated the most romantic hotel in the world by Gourment Magazine.

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 05:53 AM
Brian

The RC in Laguna Niguel is most definitely not the most romantic hotel in the world. It's not even the most romantic hotel in the state.<BR>San Ysidro Ranch near Santa Barbara, for one, is considerably more romantic than the RC LN. Heck, JFK and Jackie honeymooned there. Even places like Post Ranch Inn near Big Sur are much more romantic than the RC.<BR>And then there's Hawaii, Paris, the Amalfi Coast, Greek Islands, Lake Como.....lots more places with world class hotels which ooze romantic charm.

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 06:22 AM
Beth

Hi Lars,<BR><BR>I would highly recommend St. Kitts and Nevis for your wedding and honeymoon. We have good friends who were married there in a similar situation and they truly loved it. <BR>These two islands are gorgeous and romantic, but aren't really for party animals although you can find plenty to do. They are still unspoiled, beautiful, and represent the best of the true Caribbean. They are not yet Americanized but instead have a charming touch of British influence and the people are very nice. They are wonderful for people who love the outdoors, are environmentalists at heart and are fascinated by the history of the Caribbean. All that being said, I would recommend Ottleys Plantation Inn on St. Kitts or Nisbet Plantation on Nevis for high end luxury. For a more moderate but still lovely hotel, I would recommend Timothy Beach Resort on St. Kitts. All the places have a wedding planner who will be happy to help with everything. Yes, I love St. Kitts and we've been to most of the other islands. Congratulations and have fun with your honeymoon planning!<BR><BR>Beth

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 09:10 AM
Deidre

I also think St. Kitts and Nevis are wonderful--try the Montpelier Plantation in Nevis--have their own beach club and located on lush grounds-Princess Diana stayed there once. The rainforest is nearby--very romantic.<BR>Even though you didn't list any preference for Mexico, the Hotel Villa Del Sol in Zihuatenajo Mexico is fabulous and very romantic--their recipes have appeared in Gourmet Magazine in the past. Weddings can be arranged--see "fiesta" section at their website--you can arrange so many different types of weddings--they also can reserve a cruise for you on their boat.

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 12:53 PM
kat

Hi,<BR>My Husband and I got married last year at Biras Creek, BVI. It was beautiful and I would not have changed a thing. It was the 2nd marriage for the both of us and we wanted something roamntic and just the 2 of us. Biras took care of everything. We have the most beautiful wedding photos (we had a photographer which is part of the package and took 7 rolls of photos and gave the rolls to us to have developed at home - amazing professional photos)My flowers were beautiful We had a wedding cake and a beautiful and romantic ceremony and I planned it from home in 20 minutes over the phone before we arrived. We look at our wedding video often because it is so magical and romantic. Everyone was so nice and we felt very special - it was just what we wanted.

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 10:42 AM
DAVE

I was married in Hawaii in December. I would highly recommend it. We used "Royal Hawaiian Weddings" to plan the wedding. They did everything! They send you a checklist with prices and you just check what you want. Real simple. The photographer they supplied was fantastic!! How many people do you know that would go through the entire wedding experience from planning to wedding day again. My wife and I would. It was that easy and that terrific.

Old Jun 15th, 2002, 05:46 AM
Laura

I can't think of a more romantic place than the upscale Golden Lemon Hotel in St. Kitts. Adults only and they offer wedding packages. Some rooms include plunge pools. Website is goldenlemon.com

Old Jun 15th, 2002, 10:44 AM
Sandy

For a quiet resort with breathtaking views over the ocean look into Ti Kaye Village Resort in lush St. Lucia. They offer several packages for all types of activities. You would take the honeymoon package (great package) and add an additional charge for the wedding--see Rates section. Very reasonable for what you get. Website is tikaye.com

Old Jun 15th, 2002, 01:31 PM
Nanette

Just a thought, I was reading that Air Jamaica allows a stayover in Jamaica when flying to other islands such as Barbados, St. Lucia etc. So you could get married in Jamaica and then continue the honeymoon on another island (4 days each or whatever). Some online information is available at "Air Jamaica" but of course your Travel Agent is the best source.

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 08:42 AM
Leana

For an exotic romantic villa honeymoon (honeymoon package) look into the Stonehaven Villas in Tobago with your own private infinity pool and gorgeous ocean views atop the hill. Tobago and Barbados can be combined because of close distance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -