Where to eat in San Juan?

Old Mar 27th, 2003, 08:20 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where to eat in San Juan?

I've mostly been hearing about dinners that cost over $100/2. Where can I find good dinners for two that's roughly $50? Can't afford to spend $100 every night. Thanks.
Old Mar 27th, 2003, 09:00 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Metropol in Isla Verde has good Cuban/PR food in a casual, always crowded setting. You can definitely eat there for $50 or under for two. Also Mi Casita in Isla Verde, although I don't like it for dinner because no atmosphere in restaurant.
Old Mar 27th, 2003, 09:03 AM

It depends on what area you are going to be in. We stayed at the El San Juan & found a few good reasonable places within walking distance. The Metropol was one. Great Puerto Rican food. In the old section of San Juan we ate luch at Cafe Berlin. Prices were a bit high so we split a meal & it was enough for two along with a bit of dessert to round out the corners. Great food!
Old Apr 1st, 2003, 04:05 AM

AJILO-MOJILO, traditional Puerto Rican cuisine, lots of locals-no tourists.
Old Apr 1st, 2003, 04:25 AM

Here's another vote for Metropol.<BR>
Old Apr 1st, 2003, 04:38 PM
CF

If the Mexican restaurant is still on the top floor of the El San Juan it was excellent and reasonable.
Old Apr 25th, 2003, 06:02 AM

I definitely concur with Ajilo Mojilo (located in the Condado area). Fantastic, authentic PR food in a wonderful setting. When we vacationed in PR 2 years ago, we loved it so much we returned 2 days later. Love it! Also, I can't remember the name of the street, but in the Condado area there is a little mini-mart several doors down from the Louis Vuitton store. That mini-mart makes the delicious, warm breakfast and lunch sandwiches for about $3. My husband and I got a sandwich there every morning we were there. It kept us satisfied even through lunch. For an inexpensive, but good dinner try the little restaurant near the mini-mart and the Louis Vuitton store. The street splits right around there (2 1-ways) and if you walk down the street that is closer to the ocean you will come across the restaurant. We would have dinner for two there for about $14 (extra for alchohol)--and they were a great bang for our dollars. I don't remember the street names, but use the Louis Vuitton store as the landmark point.
Old May 7th, 2003, 09:41 AM

There's a sushi bar in Condado area called Wasabi. Excellent!
Old May 10th, 2003, 03:26 PM

For the best local food [and written up in the New York Times which let the secret out!] is Bebo's Cafe on calle Loiza around the corner from the Best Western Hotel. There is now a menu with daily specials [go for lunch as they sell out rapidly]. Many locals eat here for lunch so finding a table can be difficult. Just wait by the door and one of the waitresses will find you a place to sit. The food is fantastic and fresh and very authentic. We have eaten here hundreds of times as we lived part-time just around the corner. The full address is calle Loiza on the corner of calle Parque near the intersection of Loiza/Kings' Court and calle San Jorge. Try it!!! [but don't tell your friends]
Old Jul 30th, 2003, 05:46 AM

Visit PR frequently and I agree that Metropol in Isle Verde and Bebo's are great for both prices and food serve