Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Where is this place? In Caribbean or somewhere else?

Dec 12th, 2003, 04:33 AM
Original Poster

A long beach with a soft white sand. No buildings/houses visible from the beach. Crystal clear and warm water for gentle swim and maybe snorkeling. No crowds, no other people just two of us for at least part of the day! Trees providing shade when sun bathing becomes too much. Accommodation near the beach. Quiet surronding so we could hear waves not music or playing kids
Dec 12th, 2003, 04:42 AM

Tortola, Anegada or Virgin Gorda in the British Virgin Islands
Dec 12th, 2003, 04:57 AM

The Out Islands of the Bahamas -- just got back from Cat Island in November and never encountered a soul on the beaches (other than the beach where we stayed). Or some of the spots in the Turks and Caicos (but not necessarily Grace Bay on Provo, in the area where the hotels are).
Dec 12th, 2003, 05:23 AM
Original Poster

I'll check them all out.
Callaloo, I can't find your trip report from Cat. Where did you stay?

Dec 12th, 2003, 05:28 AM
Sunnyboy

Any of the Bahamas Out-Islands will give you what you are looking for, try Exuma, Long Island (especially Cape Santa Maria beach - about 5 miles of pure white talcum powder sand with one small resort ond only a handful of rental villas) , Cat Island, Eluthera just to name a few. Also Middle Caicos in the T&C (avoid Grace Bay on Provo - it's a great beach but will not be as seculded as you want). In the BVI look into Anegada which is as uncrowded as it gets.

Dec 12th, 2003, 06:04 AM

Mama, I did a really brief report on my stay at Fernandez Bay Village on Cat Island on this site, but a full-blown report can be found in the General Caribbean section of www.traveltalkonline.com.
Dec 12th, 2003, 07:29 AM

I would suggest some of the nicer resorts on Eleuthera like The Cove or Coco di Mama. You will find stretches of beaches there without a soul and you won't see anyone else all day.

Another suggestion would be Harbour Island, and from there you could get a water taxi to take you out to a deserted key for the day, and have a great picnic.

There are also houses you can rent in the area for even more privacy.

Have a great time.
Dec 12th, 2003, 08:24 AM

Definitly the BRITISH VIRGIN ISLANDS, check for accommodation at www.bviwelcome.com
Regine/KATITCHE POINT GREATHOUSE
Dec 12th, 2003, 11:35 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Enya, Callaloo, Sunnyboy, wantsomesun and KATITCHEPOINT,
Callaloo, do you mean under Eva? I got it. Thank you for all details. Very helpful