Search

Where in PROVO

Search this Thread

Old May 12th, 2006, 11:05 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where in PROVO

I am taking a small caravan of family members to Provo, I'm not paying for them, just head of tourism so to speak....there are two kids three and five years in the group. Where do I want to be, we love to snorkel, beach/sun, and shop...Grace Bay?
Turtle Cove? Please help me narrow all down, we've never been....any lodging suggestions? 4000 is limit for that. Prefer all suite/kitchen options

Jen
Old May 12th, 2006, 01:24 PM

Not sure how big the caravan is but with a $4000 budget you are going to be somewhat limited. The only place the reef comes close to the shore is Coral Gardens but probably above your limit. There are two places close to CG that you might look into. Villa Oasis--www.villaoasis.com and Seagate. www.theseagate.com. Villa oasis has one four bedroom villa and one two bedroom, kitchens, pool and is beachfront. About a 10 min walk to Coral Gardens. Beaches has a kids club and takes outsiders but don't know what the charge is. Kids might enjoy it for a day. It is about a 10 min walk from Villa Oasis. Seagate is right behind Coral Gardens. 2 Min to beach. Suites with kitchens and nice pool. Downside no beach view. You might also look at Royal West Indies Suites pool etc but long way from snorkeling. Check out www.wherewhenhow.com the on line magazine of the Turks and Caicos. If a two bedroom suite with a sleep sofa would work believe Coral Gardens is having a stay 7 nights pay for 5 sale which I believe starts in August--www.coralgardens.com. You would want 4206 or 4306 which are on the second and third floor respectively.
Old May 12th, 2006, 01:57 PM

hi jen, first take a look at www.provo.net and www.wherewhenhow.com these are two great provo sites. then go to www.aquamarinebeachhouses.com , to their FAQ page and scoll down to map of provo. this map will show you where almost every resort on provo is.
vast majority of resorts are directly on grace bay beach. vast majority are condo style so that covers you kitchen needs.
best snorkeling is at coral gardens. kids will even enjoy it, as reef starts about 10' off shore with all sand entrance. other snorkeling is at smith's reef which is near turtle cove marina, not good for small kids, and requires a car or 1/2hr+ walk from the marina where gecko shuttle would drop you off.
there is not alot of shopping on provo. most of it is at ports of call and nearby saltmills shopping malls. both are very small but have fun shops.
in particular you might consider royal west indies, the sands or either of the ocean clubs. you will find that lodging prices drop in mid april (til mid-nov) here as they do all over the carib.
you really can't plan to stay any particular place that will allow walking access to everything. so find the hotel that pleases you most then figure out getting around. the gecko is a little bus that travels up and down the "bight road" (the road behind the resorts). you can rent a car for just a day if you like.
loads of great restaurants, but they are spread out all over. in particular the tiki hut at turtle cove marina is very kid friendly as is hemingways at the sands. have fun planning
Old May 13th, 2006, 04:59 AM
Original Poster

Thank you very much both of you..I am going to check out each site suggested
Old May 14th, 2006, 02:47 AM

the Sands Resort is my favorite kid friendly resort. I think they are running specials with 5th and 7th night free. Awesome pools there for that age group of kids. Great beachfront there. (Okay, they all are!)
You can walk to quite a few restaurants from Sands, plus 2 small shopping strips and a few ice cream places.
The Gecko Shuttle is $33 per person a week (less for children) and it's unlimited rides. Kids will love riding the gecko bright red bus too! Tiki Hut is my favorite kid friendly restaurant. Hemmingways at the Sands has great kids selection too. Gecko also takes you to IGA supermarket. Sands has kitchens, small dining and living areas.