Bermuda or Puerto Vallarta?

Old May 10th, 2006, 09:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bermuda or Puerto Vallarta?

Author: dezzmom
Date: 03/01/2006, 01:59 pm
Am planning a 4 night trip in mid May to Bermuda. Trying to decide between Arial Sands and Coco Reef. Coco Reef's reviews look better on Trip Advisor. Anyone been to either of these resorts in the last six months? Thanks for all help!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author: diva45
Date: 03/01/2006, 06:32 pm
My husband and I went to Ariel Sands a few years ago. The beach was too rocky for swimming. They had a salt water pool on the beach but not as satisfying as swimming in the caribbean.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author: endlessvacation2
Date: 03/03/2006, 01:45 pm
We stayed at ariel sands 2 years ago. We really enjooyed it was going to go back the next year but the resort was sold out the time we wanted to go. We decided to stay at pompano beach resort instead. Really enjoyed it and are going back this year in May. Both places are nice but Pompano has a much nicer beach. Hope this helps.
Karen

Author: Michaelpl
Date: 05/10/2006, 01:53 pm
Quick .........I'm tired of pondering aboutit. Someone tell me where to take my wife next month once and for all for our 18th. Bermuda or Puerto Vallarta? Cost difference for 4 days is about $800. THANKS !!

Old May 10th, 2006, 12:25 PM

Well since you're being so sweet and not at ALL pushy about it, I think my suggestion would be to check out a certain tourist trap in Grand Cayman.

Or, you could just ask your wife's opinion.

Or, you could weigh the advice that other travelers here have provided and make a decision based on your likes and dislikes. You really haven't given us much to go on in this post.
Old May 10th, 2006, 12:47 PM

What would be more important to me is travel time. You only have four days...right ?

If you live on the East coast then Bermuda makes more sense.

If you're on the West coast then Puerto Vallarta would be a shorter flight.

Maybe I'm missing something here....but, in addition to travel time, seems like an apples/oranges comparison to me.

Please let us know what you decide.

Marion
Old May 10th, 2006, 07:02 PM
Original Poster

Marion;

Thank you for the kind reply. That said, I live in the Mid-West. Yes it may be apples to oranges but having never been to either of them, I was hoping for a deciding factor. I'll keep searching for another day or two I guess. Thanks again !
Old May 10th, 2006, 07:13 PM

Go to Bermuda. 4 nts is just about right, IMO. Stay at Cambridge Beaches - quiet and elegant for an anniversary trip, nice beaches, good pool, fine food. I just love it there.
Old May 11th, 2006, 06:19 AM

Although I haven't been to PV for several years it is sophisticated, touristy and bustling.. whereas, Bermuda is laid back, romantic and when the cruise ships have left..very quiet..My choice would be Bermuda...
Old May 12th, 2006, 03:47 AM

I have been to both Bermuda and Puerto Vallarta. Can't comment on those accommodations though. However I would choose Bermuda as long as your not going in the winter / cooler months (Nov-March). The weather will be much nicer in Puerto Vallarta at that time. I like the beaches in Bermuda much better. I really liked Puerto Vallarta but Bermuda is my choice of the 2. (I haven't heard any negative comments on any accomodations in Bermuda).
Hope this helps a little.
Annika
Old May 13th, 2006, 01:24 AM

It will be hot in Mexico in mid May! Bermuda should be just about perfect - warm enough to swim but comfortable for doing other things. All the touristy things will be available that time of year. Take a tour of the island from the water!

Aerial Sands is a great location, small private beach, good restaurant, lots of tennis and if I remember correctly they serve proper English tea in the afternoon. Although the water off the beach may be a bit rocky, it makes for great snorkelling! I liked the tidal pool - you could use one of their floating devices and not worry about going out to sea. I haven't stayed at the resort but have used their amenities. Aerial Sands is also on the bus route and I would highly recommend you purchase a 3 day ferry/bus pass. That way you can explore the island! Take the ferry to the Dockyard for a afternoon and don't forget to take your snorkel gear. Walking distance from Aerial Sands is the Botanical Gardens, The Specialty Inn (great breakfasts) and a brew pub. There is a small public beach just down from the hotel. The day we were there we purchased fresh fish caught that day from the fisherman. We had it frozen to take home.
Old May 13th, 2006, 05:16 AM

According to weathertracker May in Bermuda is hi 60's to low 70's. The water will be cool. Remember Bermuda is in the Atlantic, not the Carribean. Yes, it will be pretty warm in PV so I think it depends on what you prefer. Personally I'd go to Bermuda in the summer. Good luck, Larry
Old May 14th, 2006, 06:37 AM

I've also been to both, but since I was cruising both places, I've not experienced any hotels at either one. My choice? Bermuda... hands down!